【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Simon
I have always seen Aux LEDs as a beauty but not a necessity,Maybe just the Red for save night vision? As mentioned they increase the possibility of breakage in addition to an higher final price and the difficulty for modding.A simple dual channel mcpcb would be better instead of all that electronics on the Led board

Is there a way for US customers to buy the Convoy L21b (from either you or Simon)? I have never even heard of it until i saw your thread about it the other day. Looks like a interesting light, like the "L21a - Lite", i like the concept.

I so with that Luminus will produce CRI95 variants of these new LEDs…

Simon will sell it.

Simon noticed that the focus of the reflector was poor and was waiting for the SFT40 to see if it was okay with that LED.

I decided to order two as a sample and initially I was extremely disappointed as it performed worse than the C8+ with the CSLNM1. I then made thicker gaskets and saw it focused much better and once I had it spot on I let Simon know what it needed :) new gaskets will be made and then it'll be released. I've got 72pcs coming that I'll adjust myself.

Absolutely incredible flashlight that Simon has designed though, I'm blown away since it's better than the L21A.

I noticed that the L21A is slightly out of focus, but can't be fixed as it requires the reflector to be lowered. If you lower it anymore it could short out on the solder points

I just received the M21C GT-FC40, 4000-4500K and it seems very comparable to Luminus SST-20 high CRI, just somewhat cooler looking, as expected. The tint is far from rosy, but it is still much better, than an 5000K 90CRI Cree XHP50, which I have in another Convoy C8-ish host (namely, Manta Ray) as a comparison. I think, GT-FC40 complements well the SST-20 emitters as a CCT expansion, while still keeping around 93 CRI.

I am happy with this purchase (and now I am thrilled about the incoming L6 with the 5000-5500K tint choice).

Few more little things to improve: a good lanyard and a simple sheet of paper with the UI description could have been included in the package for the M21C as well, but I had a few spares, so I am covered for now.

I would be also very excited, if Simon would show up with a new 'X21' series (even bigger reflector, diameter maybe around 90-95mm)

L21B Green LED

Still need to record the white version

Which Osram white are you using? Tempted to mount an L21B on my scope.

CULPM1, but you will need to source another spring if you plan on using Convoy’s 8A driver. It has no positive spring and you’ll get dented batteries from the recoil. I install a spring upside down and sand the point so it doesn’t scratch up the battery.

You’ll need to wait for Simon’s thicker gasket to be made or add 0.6mm to the existing gasket. If not, you’ll get a terrible looking hotspot with poor range

Wow, thanks @PiercingTheDarkness for all of this good information. If someone were so inclined , could the l21a with CULPM1 reflector be sanded down at the led opening end to "lower" the reflector height? Like I said, if someone wanted to take the risk involved. Do you think that would help focus the beam better?

It would still drop the reflector down too low and short on the solder joints. I’ve shorted it out by having the solder not completely flat.

The L21B is better imo and I won’t be stocking the L21A in my store anymore. I’ve still got to do runtime testing, but it does quite well

+1

This may be done to make it easier for employees to install flashlights. :slight_smile:

So that mean you’ll consider to add them?

Since the mobile phone does not use fixed parameters, SBT90.2 looks a little dark from the picture, the picture is for reference only.

3X21A SST40 (P2 bin),6800LM,142.5KCD,755 meters ,aliexpress price $59.19
3X21A SFT40 (N5 bin),5400LM,265KCD,1029 meters ,aliexpress price $65.61
4X18A SBT90.2,5400LM,314.7KCD,1122 meters,aliexpress price $78.54

That looks great. Does the SFT40 run as hot as the SST40?

I have a demo of the 4X18A coming soon :slight_smile:

Some brain food...

4X18 GT-FC40, Tamagotchi Helios Boost driver 5A@12V

M21B SBT90.2 delensed, Lexel Dual FET Bistro driver

That looks really interesting. :+1:

Any chance to get SFT40 in 5000K anytime soon?

Will 3X21A use three 18650 batteries? If so, is it sold with an adapter for flat top batteries like 4X18A?

Will 4X18A or 3X21A become available with FC GT40 in 4500K?

Simon,
Thank you so much for your continued interaction with us. It is much appreciated. I’m looking forward to those 26800 extensions. If I may, what are the odds of getting something like an L2 with a larger head? It could be used to make a compact super thrower with something like one of the Kaidomain 86mm reflector (or something around that size). I’d be very happy with just a new head or adapter for a larger reflector too, if that would work and be more feasible.

Single 26800+~90mm reflector sounds awesome to me!

Awesome!, the 3x21 host Looks fantastic! Really like the body knurling!

so, question- are the sst40 and sft40 version 3x emitters? I wasn't expecting that !

also, is there a 3x21 sbt90 too? Or still waiting on that?

nice work Simon!