【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

I'm with you Tom E. I can not find the P2 flux available in his Ali store anywhere. The only listing is for the N5 flux.

Looks like L21B with SFT40 is for sale on Simon’s ali store. Its not listed under new arrival yet, found it under L21 series category!

Good find!

Simon also has this same new SFT40 in his M21C. Both the L21B and this M21C are pushed at 8 amps.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002759581746.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allProduct.8148356.3.41dd681esvnvfB

Issue with the 4X18A.

Use Turbo until it gets hot and cycle to low, it’ll drop to moonlight and slowly ramp up to low

I made a thing: Convoy flashlight naming guide – Dave's Tech Reviews

It’s far from complete but hopefully helps a bit with working out what’s what.

I’ll update this a bit if there’s corrections but it’s not going to be perfect.

Consider donating to Parametrek’s amazing database if you want something considerably better. https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/ndpqnx/convoy_database/

My sft40 M21c arrived today ! Will report back!

EDIT; I just wanted to THANK YOU SIMON, I had mentioned wanting the mc21c in a different body color than gray for my sft40 version (I already have 2 other leds combos in gray) and you told me to make a note on the order. I did it, but by the time I did it the item said "shipped". so to me that means that you did this last minute for me, changed the body color to tan. And I got the Tan. And it looks awesome, abd I Really Appreciate that customer service. So thank you sir!

Post #5000!

(at the moment.)

Haha, damn I almost did it again RC! (in reference to me having post #10,000 on the Modding thread. That would've been crazy if it happened again and I didn't know it lol.

Yup.

Although I go for every 1000 and 2500 posts, the best ones are #5000 and #10,000.

Hello, if anyone can help me ? what is (are) the difference between M21C mounted with GT FC-40 and M21C mounted with SFT40? Throw, flood, side light, CRI ?

Thanks for your help !

just from reading and not knowing too much about these leds (I just received the sft40, haven't used it yet) is sft= more throw, cooler tint, less lumens, lower cri. And sft is 3v, gt fc-40 is either 6v or 12v. That's all no know about it.

Thanks for your response @ArtieT59 :) (beautiful collection you got!)

If anyone has any additional information... (May be Simon ;))

Ok, so I just played a little with the sft40 M21c. And it's awesome. Yea it's 6500k, but it actually Hs a nice tint. It's not overdriven and blue at any point, and it has a nice large hotspot and bright spill. I'm going to try and get some pictures tonight or early in the am, but it's really humid here in CT tonight which makes for crappy beamshots (I am less than an amature photo taker, so that doesn't help).

my first impressions of the sft40 is I like it and I'm glad I spent the small fee to have it in a great light like the M21c. I ordered 5 bare sft40 which hopefully be in soon. I have plans to put them in a small multi emitter light, should be fun! (Astrolux ea01s! Maybe ft02s afte that, or the ec03).

my realization- after using this it became apparent- for those wondering what the beam and output and spill look like, this is pretty much Luminus' version of CREE xhp35! But it's 3v, which is AWESOME! I know, it doesn't come in 3000k-5000k and high cri (yet) like the xhp35, but it's a SOLID start. And I'm happy with it. Again, the tint is defintely the most pleasant 6500k led I have.

Some quick armature pictures of sft40 M21c tonight (don't mind the humidity and crappy photos, please!)

This first pic the angle is bad, but the farthest trees are 240 meters +, and this reaches them with ease. I need to get To more wide open spaces, but here's a couple for those interested.

another quick shot someone mentioned in private message. unfortunately i do not have a c8 or m21a with sst40 they all have some osram or another in them.

M21a with cslpm1 6amp M21c with sft40 8a

Great shots Artlet!

Thanks for posting the beamshots @Artiet59. Very impressive (and your photography is, too!). Wonder what this emitter would be like from a smaller host, like M21B or M1/2. Probably have to cut back on the amperage to keep the heat manageable, but I bet it would be an improvement over SST40 in same form factor (?). Also agree about the tint. Seems pretty neutral for 6500K.

Thank you both for the compliment and appreciation!

I think this emitter would be awesome in a smaller host, but like TFfisher stated the Amps would need to be cut down for heat. This emitter surprised me with its great beam and throw as wel as its Heat. The host got hot after 3-4 minutes.

I am going to be mounting these in a smaller multi emitter light in the next week or so, when the bare leds arrive (and my eas01s arrives too). I will definitely be posting some pics and hopefully throw number differences between sst40 and sft40, the astrolux ea01s is a small quad thrower with reflectors.

The speed has slowed down appropriately, but in my opinion, the speed should be slower.

The official specification update is relatively late. For example, the maximum brightness in the CREE XML2 specification was U2, but U4 has become very popular.