【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Sounds like you need a lamp my friend. There are dozens of 2000K LED bulbs available on Amazon.

Not really. I want a flashlight I can also use as a lamp.

By the way, from your experience, which high CRI 2000K LED bulbs on Amazon I should go for?

I’ve tried several 2200k and under light bulbs and they were either not high CRI or had postive DUV (above BBL) or simply green/yellow tint. Nothing compares to the E21A R9080 2000K in tint and CRI. That’s why I use both my Clemence modded E21A lights and Fireflies NOV-MU with 2000k as room lighting every night. They create such a warm cozy atmosphere before bedtime while watching tv. If you never compared the difference between high quality 9080 2000k vs these 2000k light bulbs, you won’t realize how big the difference is.

By the way all we can browse Taobao Convoy store. Now I used it.

Does Taobao accept paypal?

If you’re ordering from China with free or cheap shipping your packages will possibly (probably?) still not arrive until March-ish or later. All my orders from China placed 1 - 2 weeks ago are showing updated delivery dates of around Feb 20th, just fyi.

However Fed ex and dhl were still delivering quickly from China as of a few days ago.

I’d like more specifics. On this side of the Atlantic, I’m getting a somewhat blank page without search functioning.

I’m not conversant in Chinese. Page rendered with Google translate.

del

To use Taobao and browse it you need to make Taobao account. It is in English. Also for browsing and translate of pages easy way is to use Chrome integrated translator. That’s Simon Taobao store:

I asked Simon a while ago if he had any plans to sell warmer tints for the B35AM, but alas, no plans. Seems for lower temps we’ll have to be satisfied with the FC40. Maybe this will change in the future, you never know.

Looking forward to playing with both emitters and see how they compare. Both are currently stuck in AE’s transit facility in Belgium… always takes at least a week to arrive from there to where I live in Sweden. Anticipation is building :smiley:

Hi Simon,

I am very happy to see, that you added more CCT variants to the GT-FC40 tints.
When you are back from your holiday, I would be glad to read your thoughts, if you could make a headlamp with GT-FC40 emitter and TIR lens, as that combination would be very useful for precise hand working.

@ icpart:

Found what I was looking for on ZeroAir Reviews:

Really nice flowchart (link in picture).

Does anyone know if there’s a method of turning off the mode memory (as there is in this) on the newer drivers, such as in the M3-C in the stepped modes? I’ve not been able to find one…

Link to the product page to see which one I mean:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001734784547.html

From another store description of M3 C

Also for 4 Groups and 12 groups drivers:

Thanks for the pointer, this is the information I’d also found about it, unfortunately no mention to mode memory settings in the M3C description and the 12/4 mode doesn’t apply to this ramping/stepped driver, as far as I can tell

I was wondering if there was anything else I’d missed, or if the feature was dropped moving to the newer driver software

There’s no way to disable mode memory on Convoy’s e-switch lights like M3-C. Mode memory can only be disabled in mechanical switch lights using the Biscotti or 12 Group firmwares.

Getting confused by all the M21 options - which one has the widest spill beam (measured, not theoretical)?

Thanks for the confirmation on this :+1:

M21B with XHP50.2 XHP70.2 GT FC40