【convoy】Golden S3 available now

Simon
To me this FC40 2000k Led looks more yellow than orange
Hope tint will be adjusted to Duv Negative

Is there a ramping driver for L7 90.2?

Rearranging some of my Convoy drivers and emitters across hosts, but ran into a problem. The driver retaining ring in the S21A, which direction to loosen? Left/counter clockwise I assume. It can’t for the life of me get it to move.

Yes, counter-clockwise is to loosen. .... "normal thread".

Thanks for the measurements. The duv is unfortunately positive making it look more yellowish and R9 lower than it could be. However, this is easily fixable with a LEE minus green filter. I would love to use this for my tail standing ceiling bounce light with USB-C plugged in.

I’m already happy Simon is offering these in the 1st place. Not many choices in this temperature range. Personally I probably don’t mind as long as it’s not green and I consider it a mood light. Work light that needs to be neutral is a different question though.

Btw, Simon I noticed the bare GT FC40 emitters are not offered in quantities more than 1 (unlike other emitters that can even go up to 5 or 10 pieces). Very early stage, but I’m thinking of a little project that might need at least 3 of them. Nothing concrete though.

Thank you. Given up for today, but at least I haven’t been tightening it any further :slight_smile:

Any updates on the release of the T4?

This. Also I assume the T4 driver is 17mm. I hope it will be for sale by itself as well. Good 2AA drivers are hard to find, I have another light that could use the upgrade.

I’m also awaiting the t4 as a gift

no ramping driver for L7,

in one week

Hello Simon,

is there any chance we’ll see a right angle convoy with 21700 battery and possibly TIR optics that can be swapped for different beam angles? I’d love to see 21700 right angle headlight designed by You.
Name it Convoy H21A! :slight_smile:

Cheers
Thomas

I ordered a Pioneman K36 with B35AM 4500k LED, and on max level, the LED smokes, as shown in the following video.

I've reported the issue to Pioneman, and they pulled out the "B35AM" LED option from their K36 model..

Using the UT210E amp meter, I'm measuring around 7 Amps tailcap current on max brightness

(for comparison, the Convoy S21A with B35AM 4500k LED measures 5 Amp tailcap current on max brightness)

(as far as I can tell, there is not much noticeable brightness when the K36 with B35AM (around 7 Amps) vs S21A with B35AM (around 5 Amps), though the K36 B35AM LED is smoking..)

I wonder is 5 Amps (tailcap current) the sweet spot for the B35AM LED?

May be of interest

I also ordered a b35am from Simon, in the m21b host, smoke is coming at maximum power, I thought because I didn’t wash the rosin, at 4.2 volts the current is about 5 amps, at 3.7 volts it reaches 6 amps.

That’s input current, we need to know the LED current. These mcpcbs are not going to support the currents that are linked to in the graph.

Simon, please consider sourcing higher quality mcpcbs with thinner and a higher conductivity dielectric layer.

So, I have an interesting question.

Why would someone choose the GT FC40 over the Nichia B35AM?

Higher output while having a relatively high CRI (this distinguishes the FC40 from other high output emitters) and more temperatures available (since this is in the Convoy thread, I’m only taking Convoy’s options into consideration).

Is it true that the B35AM is actually 4x E21As stuck together?

Looking at specifications, and test showing extremely high color rendition on all of the spectrum with excellent neutral tint, this seems to actually be the case.

Where is the smoke coming from on b35am? He won’t work like this for a long time? If the flashlight worked for 30 minutes at maximum power, has the led already begun to degrade?