【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Hi, you can read my Convoy 3X21A review here: [Review] Convoy 3X21A
It was fun testing it - very bright with excellent throw!
But it is soo heavy…

Simon,
Thank you so much, this level of customer service is really outstanding. I may purchase a second switch to test in the mean time.

pls send me the order number via PM, i will check

i will produce it when the 80A driver is available

I know this is from a while back but I built a battery sized tube with a 2200uf capacitor in it to run in place of the battery. I was able to run at almost 2 Amps on the USB with the capacitor in place of the battery.

Next reviewed is posted, this time M21D XHP70.2
I got warm tint, 4000K and it is great. I like it when walking in the forest

Are you considering producing a driver where 100% is using a FET in direct drive?

Something like a 8x7135 + FET Turbo

No no no.

I want buck+FET.

Not linear+FET.

I have OHSP350C (the basic model without software). It does not give TM-30 data on screen, but it is trivial to export the raw spectra to a PC and import to Color Calculator. You can then generate full TM-30 reports.

Unless you need the expanded spectrum range or TM-30 data on-device, I’d recommend going with the base model since it is significantly less expensive than the other options.

Oh, awesome. So as the lighting professional that you are, any complaints or shortcomings? Those two features aren’t super important to me but the flicker is, a little bit. This will see double duty as hobby and at work (and not a whole lot for either one). Flicker would be nice but I could probably get them to foot the bill for something, maybe subsidize a small portion of this purchase.

8x7135 + FET Turbo for which LED model?

trivial as in “I decoded the protocol”, or as in “attach a USB cable, mount as a disk, and read the data”, or similar method?

[ as you could do with android phones until google switched to a media protocol at which point I switched to transferring data using SSHelper as in FreeBSD that protocol didn’t work at all at the time of that switch ]

So the data for the full TM-30 is all really there on the cheapest device and not dummy data?

I’d be interested also in: Can you do measurements of the exact frequency of red light, e.g. that it is 660 nm, or 670 nm etc.?

Perhaps a thread on recent devices such as the oppo, hopoocolor, versions of these devices, features that you can expect (including what data you can extract that you can analyse on a PC) and how to transfer data, would be useful.

I’m not an industry professional, just a hobbyist. I don’t have any complaints with the device. It’s robustly built and can boot and take measurements quickly (a couple of seconds). It provides a multitude of information on the screen, such as spectrum plot (380-780nm), CIE1931 plot, CCT, duv, Ra and R1-15, x,y/u,v coords, intensity (lux), and more.

Unfortunately, it can’t do flicker measurements. I believe one of the more expensive models can do this. You could also pick up an Opple; those are pretty good at flicker measurements and the device is very compact and inexpensive.

It’s quite easy. You can export raw spectra data to a CSV file on the device. Simply plug the device into a PC and copy/paste the data into a .txt file. The .txt file can be imported into Color Calculator.

Yes, all the data needed for a full TM-30 report is measured with the Hopoocolor. The 350C generates spectral data in 1nm increments from 380nm to 780nm. It is a true spectrometer.

You can view the spectrum as a graphic on the device (to, for example, compare relative intensity at different wavelengths as you mentioned, with a cursor to indicate the exact wavelength), but if you import the raw data to Color Calculator, it can be viewed and analyzed in greater detail.

Maybe just as an option in 17mm/20mm/22mm?
An option like the lighted switch?

S21A with XHP50.2 or SST-40 would benefit from one

C8+ with XHP50.2 too

Z1 with some emitters too

Hi Simon .

I odered 2 x adapter for 4x18a but maybe because lockdown so 75 days already they didn’t come . What should I do ?

similar to the one from MTN?

Oh ,pls tell me the order number via PM

Great…thank you! Everyone seems to love it so I think I’ll order one…little more thinking to do yet but I think I’m sold. I got an Opple, but the II since that was all they had, and was disappointed that it was missing some features that the main thread here indicated it had just like the Pro/III. Didn’t think it was quite fair for the seller, but Aliexpress gave me a total refund in like two minutes…I was just hoping for a discount on the III when they had it back in stock. Oh well. I find the Opple to be unreliable for flashlights/concentrated sources. I think it’s ok for room/task lighting measurements, which is what it’s intended for really, but for flashlights I think it’s main use should be color temperature only, perhaps CRI. The color temp on my unit consistently reads pretty low (at the edge of its stated accuracy) but it’s decently repeatable there. Step up to a real meter is clearly necessary (especially if “we” collectively are going to be sharing graphs and numbers in reviews and around the forums using Opple data…not sure it’s good for our hobby but the data being thrown around can be taken as legit/accurate by people now and in the future…not the worst thing in the world of course, but still).

Much appreciate the input from you and everyone else so far, and thanks for that additional PC/import info, too.

Yes, similar to that one
But together with 8x7135 or a buck converter and not only a FET