【convoy】convoylight.com ( Credit card payment is available )

6V is fine with me. I wanna build a S2+ with one of the new XHP 50.3 HI 5000K… even if I can only use turbo mode for a short period.

The new clip for S21A looks great! I’m very excited for the 12-Group red driver and the possibility of a 4.5A 6V 17mm driver too!

Yes, that would be great.
4.5A / 6V
Also 1.5-2A / 12V. Could be dual pcb, so that it would go into the S2+ pill and C8

You could try to implement Anduril into your new 16x LED flashlights.

yes this would be phenomenal! Xhp50.3 HI In a C8+, that would be a DREAM!

haha these are amazing projects!! Very excited for a 12amp / FET 22mm driver!! That sounds like the Perfect sbt90.2 L21a build to me! Or even sfn55.2!

and 16x Sft40!! Wow! 80Amps, wow! I hope hope it's a 3 or 4x21700 battery setup!

FET drivers are cool, but I hope Simon isn’t abandoning high output, regulated drivers. This has been a huge differentiator of Convoy lights for me, and what really drew me to the brand. If Convoy becomes another lumen obsessed, FET cannon factory, it will loose a large part of its identity for me.

It’s great to see these as additional options and directions to flesh out the offerings, don’t get me wrong. I just hope we still see great, new, regulated drivers continue to be offered, especially if they can incorporate some of grizzly’s UI improvement suggestions.

I don’t think portability would be a huge issue, it wouldn’t be excessively big.

If reverse polarity protection isn’t an option, couldn’t either the –

• positive terminal have a recessed pin and use button tops?

Or

• Negative terminal use a doughnut (donut?) shaped pad?

Yeah, I don’t want Convoy lights to use FET direct drive drivers.

Linear FETs is the limit.

Make it happen captain

Completely agree. I like Convoys being sensible lights, high quality, low price, good sustained brightness, excellent emitter options. Plenty of other brands if you want hotrod lights.

I really don't think that's what is happening here. I do understand and empathize with your concern, as the regulation of Convoy drivers, although simple, are effective and a huge draw to their products.

There is just so many ways to properly power a 16x emitter flashlight, and FET turbo is one of them. I think this has more with Simon FINALLY breaking into a market Convoy had previously been avoid of- the ultra high power/output soda can/multi cell market. And I will welcome them with open arms.

what id really like to see is a multi- emitter 70.3 or 50.3 boost driver option!

I agree. I think FET drive is perfectly fine and acceptable for Turbo if the rest of the modes are regulated. That’s how Lume1 drivers are set up and everyone seems to adore those.

Can’t wait for 3x21a with 3*SBT90.2 or 4*SBT90.2

Hey Simon,

Any new pictures of the white T4?
All of the usual emitters will be available for it?

yes, you're exactly right. Like all of the amazing loneoceans FireFlies "pro" drivers are 6amp regulated buck-boost and FET turbo. Bc otherwise you get a Hank boost driver situation, which is fine, for a quad light. But for a 16x, you're gonna need FET. And I 100% agree, as long as the lower modes are regulated it's all good.

I will order one of the sft40 and one of the 519a when they come out! Please include a 10c lockout that remains through power cycle for security of storage in a bag! I hope they still have good sustained output and regulation, that 16xsft40 should have great output and throw.

I agree! There’s the xhp70 driver (6V 5A) but it is 22mm. This new 6V 17mm driver would also fit the beefier M21A with the “20mm to 17mm” ring adapter.

My only concern is about thermal regulation. From some tests I’ve read, it seems like a lot of Convoy flashlights are well matched in “host vs power”, so that thermal stepdown usually settles at the 35% output mode in sustained power. How does fitting a more powerful 27-30W driver in a smaller host work out in terms of thermal stepdown?

Just use mechanical lockout

Any chance a XHP-50.2 would fit under that TIR? At 5 amps those XHP-50.2 K4 3volt LED’s hits a sweet spot around 2300 lumens each. With 16 it’s going to be one of the brightest lights around.