【convoy】Golden S3 available now

I think a copper pill is overkill. The housing limits the maximum heat dissipation anyway. Brass will do it for me, with 17mm adapter as standard option.
The more it is similar to the S2+, the better. It has been a good design.

I want a copper pill, thanks Simon.

Make it an option, not always necessary, very expensive.

Does the s11 have a copper pill? I took it out of my host and it was very heavy.

No, it is brass, but it is a big pill.

I don’t care, it won’t cost an arm and a leg. I want a copper pill.

You ask Simon for a copper pill, you may get it. I ask Simon to have as default a brass pill, I may get that :wink:
You also ask for extra cooling fins, otherwise it will turn hot anyway. Heck, ask for a M1/M2 21700 housing, which is much more suited for high power.

Yes please Simon M1+M2 with 21700

If Simon still can run a profit with all the variations we ask, why not :wink:

YES DEFINITELY + SIDE SWITCH !!! I would purchase many of those.

Nice! Copper pill, 20mm driver, and 20mm star will make this a perfect host for an xhp led with one of the new boost drivers from Mountain Electronics. Looking forward to this.

Also a C8 + with 21700 and side switch !!!

E-switches are very easy to go wrong by being too small and to mushy which can make using them unresponsive ad almost impossible while wearing gloves.
The Emisar D4 has a very good e-switch (boot), big and clicky, the best would be to copy it.

Is the SST-40 driver safe to use with a XPL-HI?

I won’t buy a C8+ untill the PMW issue is fixed. Do the regular HI version also have it, or only the 219C models?

As long as Convoy will go with a button retaining ring that isn’t press-fitted but threaded, I might be interested.

Copper pill is not overkill. I have over a dozen copper pill S2+ and 2 copper S2+ host and from my testing surely makes a difference, especially if you have high output triples in there. Copper transmit heat almost 4 times faster than brass so having copper in the pill with aluminum host is actually more effective than having brass pill with copper host. Also the weight difference between brass and copper is about null. The only drawback is the host gets hot faster so might be more uncomfortable for your hands. But it protects the emitters allowing it to run at higher efficiency and prolonged life.

Low-resistance FET drivers don’t burn out XP-L HIs, though they do exceed the datasheet-rated current by a fair margin. I can’t imagine a reason this driver woudln’t work reasonably with an XP-L HI. It should also work fine with an LH351D, and you can probably get away with an SST-20.

yes, reverse switch

sorry ,i write wrong words, it’s brass pill

and if buyers like copper pill,i can ask manufacturer to produce some

brass pill in S11

Thinking I might have to get an S21A for the slightly bigger reflector (throw with Osram Flat White, doesn’t go super well in my S2+ 10*7135).

Also how the hell do I get the TIRs working :confused: cant seem to get them centred.