【convoy】convoylight.com ( Credit card payment is available )

Here’s another one…I was considering painting the SS bezel of my Fireflylite T1R black to get rid of the reflections/artifacts around the outside of the beam. I removed the bezel completely, turned the light on, and guess what? All of the reflections were still there. It had nothing to do with the bezel.

5 Thanks

I kind of thought that attributing these kinds of artifacts with an SS bezel was wrong.

I’ve also had lights where it did add them. I’m fairly certain the stock M3-C doesn’t have them, but when I added the SS bezel I bought separately, they appeared. So I think we just need to adopt a case-by-case philosophy about these things. When in doubt, remove the bezel before doing anything else and see if the reflections/artifacts are still there or not, and proceed accordingly.

4 Thanks

On another thread someone said that if the reflector was a smaller diameter, then the light from it will entirely miss the SS bezel. When I remove the bezel from my M21G there’s no more ring. The bezel on this is in fact sitting slightly over the reflector edge.

I honestly just don’t want any possibility of there being a ring artifact. I can say for a fact that it’ll stop my customers buying them. An SS bezel, when they’re at fault, make the ring artifact much brighter than a standard aluminum bezel.

Looks like the Ti S2+ will come with a metal switch. I thought Simon said it was going to be silicone: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/convoy-silicone-tactical-ring-available-now/54654/8962

I’m not surprised though since it probably looks better with a metal switch and that’s what Simon has done with the other Convoy Ti flashlights.

钛合金S2+

1 Thank

I much rather have it with a metal button.

Yes, case by case. IMHO it’s not always the bezel. Another example is the king of ring :slightly_smiling_face: my Wurkkos TS30S Pro. It has rings that still exist when I remove bezel.

1 Thank

Does anyone else find the 1% brightness too low? I’ve plotted the 5 brightness levels on Convoy lights (.1%, 1%, 10%, 35%, 100%), and it shows that 2% would be more suitable for the 2nd brightness level.

1 Thank

The TS30S Pro doesn’t have an SS bezel though, and that model isn’t really an issue to what the H2, H3, and M21G are. Those three have a very bright in your face outer ring, that make it unpleasant to use.

Your plot shows this? :rofl:

What do your eyes tell you?

2 Thanks

Check this M21B out, scroll through the pictures. No SS bezel but look at that purple ring. My S2+ actually had two rings, one like this M21B and another less bright, but still visible.

Not in use, no. And that’s the mode that gets 99% of use.

The 1% and 10% are my most used levels, but there are many situations where wish the 1% was little brighter, indoor and in the dark it’s fine but outside when you don’t need 10% I think 2% would be about perfect.

Simon, I’ve just put in an order for some parts and left you a request in the notes.

Agreed with you 100% about Convoy headlights, I have two H2’s myself. They could have the worst bright thick ring. However IME these headlights are outliers (unusually bad) and I think that’s why people disagreed with blanket statement about SS bezel in all lights.

I have Convoys M21E and M21F with black bezel, ss bezel, and silver bezel. None is as bad as the H2 headlight and it’s absolutely not true that the steel bezel has more peripheral ringing.

Even in the outlier Convoy headlights it’s not that simple. H2 headlight with 519a doesn’t have the bad ring of H2 with 219b (I have pictures). It’s more than just the steel bezel that causes these rings.

1 Thank

Hi Simon,

Are there any plans for a AA/14500 headlamp based off of the T2/T3 driver and a frosted/pebbled TIR?

I’d love a lightweight headlight like that

I have always found… on almost all of my Convoy lights, that the .1% is not low enough.
But I guess that depends on personal preference. For me 1% is fine.

I have modified the metal button so that the user can directly install the illuminated switch.

7 Thanks

OK, thank you.

1 Thank

Yes, a new model T5 with TIR lens is being designed.

8 Thanks