【convoy】Golden S3 available now

IMO Anduril is about as difficult as operating a smartphone (or even a modern, feature-rich/smart household appliance). Now, I get that some people find those difficult, so that’s fair they should be intimidated by it. But if you can handle any of those, you can handle Anduril.

The way some people like to talk about it makes it sound like they’re afraid it’ll explode in their hands if they do the wrong clicks or something.

And even if you f*** it up to the point where you’re lost, just do a factory reset and you’re golden.

1 Thank

From just a glance I already know how to use it!

It is easy!

Seeing the drawing for the first time with so many diagrams and arrows seems complicated, but it is very easy.

You can go to functions with several clicks, that’s amazing!

But I see that in general it makes use of ramp, I have not seen a configuration of low, medium, high, turbo.

Only low and direct turbo with clicks, in the middle the option to regulate the level to taste.

It lacks being able to memorize x number of levels or maybe I’m used to using levels like in Biscotti.

I don’t know how fast it is to use the Ramp here.

1 Thank

Hi Simon,

Great to see the release of the 3x21C! Looking forward to reviews.
Will there be an SFT40 or other LED version (519a)?
Could you make the handle available separately?
I have a few lights I would like to use it on.

Regards,

Johannes

1 Thank

Hi guys!
I’m ordering M21B with XHP70.3 Hi.
I’m between 2 options R70 and high cri R9050. What is the tint situation in the current batch now? And how much less efficient is the hi cri version? I’m sure it should warm up noticeably more.

I got one anduril light, and fully learned anduril, then gave the light away.

Consider this interaction:
“I dropped my keys, can I borrow your flashlight?”
“Sure, here is the manual.”

An absurd idea in any other hand tool in common use. Imagine that happening with a pair of scissors or a hammer.

1 Thank

I dunno mate, my Anduril2 lights turn on when I click the button once and turn off when I click another time. :exploding_head:

11 Thanks

You can select ramped or stepped modes. You can set the number of steps and the minimum and maximum levels for the steps. Easy to change from ramped to stepped modes on the fly (from on 3 clicks).

1 Thank

Exactly! In simple/stepped mode the light will act very much like many other E-Switch lights. Including the Convoy E-Switch lights.
One has to go out of their way to find anything complex in the UI.

2 Thanks

I’m totally with @Valynor and @darosk and @Mandrake50 on this: for simple use, Anduril definitely does not need any manual and isn’t even a little bit more difficult to use than a mechanic flashlight, as long as simple funcionality (like in a mechanical light) is all you need.

And if you want the advanced funcionality, you don’t have to learn more than the subset of what you actually want to use. Case in point, I use perhaps 10% of what my TS10 is capable of doing, and when (and only when) I need something else, it’s no big deal to look it up on the manual and learn it. Eg, after months of using my TS10 without any strobes, the other day I heard about candle strobe and wanted to experiment with it; it took me all of 3 minutes to look it up in the manual, learn the proper sequence (3H to enter and 1C to exit) and start enjoying it. And before that it was there all the time, and didn’t harm me any for not using it.

It’s hard to understand why some people object to the extra Anduril funcionality, as it’s entirely optional: if you don’t want the extra funcionality, then just don’t use it and you will be fine: one click still turns the light on and the next click still turns the light off, just like in the simplest of the mechanical lights.

Perhaps people who do not like Anduril’s extra functionality are a little bit like people who object to gay marriage: if you don’t like it, then just don’t marry a gay person! :rofl::partying_face::smile::grinning::yum::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::+1:

1 Thank

Oh, but because gay marriage is legal, I have to marry a gay person even though I’m straight! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty sure you’re joking, in case you’re not: gay marriage being legal means whoever wants to marry a gay can do so; it doesn’t mean that those that don’t want to, would have to. :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::yum::grinning::smile::partying_face::rofl:

It’s the same with Anduril’s advanced functionality: having it on a flashlight means you can use it if you want; if you don’t, then simply don’t use it – you aren’t forced to, and it will not corrupt your vital fluids just by being there, I promise!!! :rofl::partying_face::smile::grinning::yum::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::+1:

1 Thank

I mentioned that the priorities of internet forums about things usually diverge from the goals of people who depend on those things.

Why? Because internet forum people spend all their time on the internet.

Evidence: That entire post there.

I’m sure anduril is popular here.
You won’t find it on the trail.
Not understanding why is irrelevant.

1 Thank

You, Sir, are not the standard by which all things flashlight are being measured.
Different people like and do different things. Understanding why is relevant.

3 Thanks

+1 to that. And re: “not for people who depend on things” and “won’t find it on the trail”, @extremesquared is wrong on both counts: I depend on my TS10 all the time, sometimes on life and death situations, and I use mine on and off the trail all the time, and know a lot of people who do.

But I’m not, and they probably aren’t either, nor extreme nor squared… :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::yum::grinning::smile::partying_face::rofl:

2 Thanks

I tend to agree with that, but with a mechanic flashlight you can’t accidentially press a button sequence that locks you into some special strobo party aux light mode (exaggerated ofc).

1 Thank

Quite, as it’s not a simple sequence at all, and you have to get it “right” not only the sequence but also the click speed.

But even if you manage that much, there’s no “lock”: in most cases, including strobes, just a single click and you’re back to off.

1 Thank

Yeah. The only time I ever got stuck anywhere was in the old version of anduril where 4 taps from on was ramp config. TK changed that in anduril 2 so it’s not activated by accident.

1 Thank

Exactly. And even with old Anduril 1, and even in that case, you could just unscrew the head/tailcap and screw it back on and be back to off in a couple of seconds.

1 Thank

There is a black hole in the middle of the spot.

1 Thank

At present, only SST40 version is available.
Handles can be sold separately and I will add a link