【convoy】Golden S3 available now

I am very sorry to leave you a message.The output current of the anduril driver is too large, and the 519A LED is at risk of being burned.
As the false delivery will have a great impact on the store, I will send the goods as usual.You can tell me your PayPal account in advance via aliexpress and I will provide you with a refund.
I deeply regret this problem.

10 Thanks

Thank you!!!

I have problems with AliExpress but I will buy several with version 2 without hesitation!

I will buy also with anduril 1 to support you in your process of upgrading them, but I have to wait because of AliExpress.

Good job Simon!

Beautiful words from a seller!
Thank you Simon for help customers

How about a custom firmware build that limits maximum power, similar to the 219b versions for Hank’s lights? Doesn’t help the ones already made, but for the next version.

2 Thanks

@Simon_Mao The current can be limited by PWM in the Anduril Firmware

I think the intention was for the driver to be hardware limited to 6A. For the next batch I’d prefer that to a software workaround.

1 Thank

Why? All of Hank’s constant current drivers have the fet disabled through firmware without any problem. Having options like enabling or disabling fet by flashing the firmware makes moding easy (like switching from 519a to sbt90), and reduces the number of different drivers needed to manufacture and buy. It’s also what makes anduril great to use.

2 Thanks

@Simon_Mao I wanted to buy the anduril light but I have too many 519As, ill wait till you release the XHP50.3 version.

But here we don’t have a linear driver.

Right! Well if “hardware limited” he meant “anything more sofisticated than pwm fet”, then indeed, I agree with @johntheguitarist :slight_smile:

Simon’s exact words:

I believe Simon’s recent drivers have been constant current without PWM, but I don’t know if the anduril driver will be different.

This requires the production of a suitable driver circuit for a given LED model.I don’t want to send potentially dangerous flashlights to users.

3 Thanks

So is the “bad” driver unregulated? So the current will depend on the cell? Or is it just higher than the planned 6A?

1 Thank

Do you happen to know what current the LEDs are driven at, or is it an unregulated FET driver?

It might be possible to have other options for LEDs that aren’t SST40 or SFT40, like XP-L HI or LH351D, they should stand up better to the high current.

3 Thanks

That’s understandable, I guess, but if the power is limited in firmware it’s no different to any other user modification if they flash a different firmware and destroy their LEDs - I have 3 or 4 lights sitting on my desk right now that could destroy their LEDs if I flashed the wrong firmware and then went to turbo because they couldn’t handle 100% FET. I think calling it dangerous is a bit far - they could fail if used on max for an extended time which is obviously not good, but it’s not going to injure the user. One possible solution if it’s a linear driver is to add a resistor of the appropriate size to limit the max current to the LEDs, maybe.

I have borrowed an S21E with Ramping, I think that’s what it’s called.

I don’t like it at all!

The lock with 10 click very bad, to get out of the lock I could not I made several attempts and finally got out a horror it is better to unscrew the cap.

The jump ramp mode, I thought it changed with each press biscotti type but you have to push without releasing is quite slow.

The smooth ramp mode works sometimes and sometimes not and very slow it does not always, it is random I do not know if this unit is wrong or I’m not used to it, it is not mine.

The only good thing about the Ramping firmware is the double turbo click.

I will have it just today tonight I test it.

This helps me tell me and for now my choice is:

Anduril for electronic buttons.
Biscotti for mechanical buttons.
Ramping I don’t want it!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

By the way it carries a led 519A 5700 and be hot the button area a lot you have to move your finger away.

An S2+ or S21A SST40 just heats up the head.

In the S21E 519A the whole flashlight heats up including the battery, this does not happen in the other models.

Is this normal?
Is it because of the led?

I want to buy the Simon S21E with Anduril but I don’t know if it will heat up as much as this test model.

Edit:
The S21E is beautiful and very small, I like the Convoy design it is the best I have seen in designs.

It’s working. It’s not logarithmic, so it’s so slow at the high end that it makes you think it’s not. Switch it to 4-step mode (6C from off) and it’s much more usable.

ETA: Also, if you 1H from off directly to low, you can’t ramp from there, so that’s the other confusing thing about Simon’s firmware.

1 Thank

Simon. Can you make a replacement driver for the 26650 size Mateminco flashlights? There’re eswitch, direct drive for 3 volt leds, usb type c charging and Anduril. I’ve found the newer Mateminco drivers sre rubbish! Even if it didn’t have Anduril I’d buy a few. Thanks!

Yes! I forgot to say that I thought it was not possible from the low level and by randomly clicking I managed to change it.

It is frustrating.

Much better this way, I already have it in that mode, but it doesn’t change by pressing “1click” it changes with “click and hold”.

It works much better that way.

Thanks.

1 Thank

I’ve just published a review of the Convoy S15 (SST40 6500k version).

4 Thanks