Great, thanks!

Why is SFT-40 better?

SFT-40 is not available.

Available emitters :

XHP70.2
XHP70.2 Hi R70
XHP70.3 Hi R9050
GT FC40

What is Litnit? I don’t see any other models with that brand?

Can future copper S2+ models have ‘Convoy’ brand logo like the titanium host?

1 Thank

Litnit is Simon’s Amazon presence…in the US anyway. I wish he could customize through Amz as I am unable to receive orders from his Ali store :frowning:

Convoy S21E with Anduril, US stock and ready to ship:

Just saw it, might be interesting for folks looking for one of these lights (like me) but who would prefer to buy it in the US (again, like me). A bit of a markup, but no big deal for me.

Unfortunately no 519A LED options for now, just SST40 and SFT40, this is the only thing giving me pause.

2 Thanks

Sorry, I don’t have such a plan at present, Almost no one has this need.

1 Thank

KW CULPM1.TG with 3deg lens ,
But it’s not as effective as a reflector.

3 Thanks

This statement pretty much sums up what we do here. :grin:

5 Thanks

Simon, any plans for a TIR light like the M21H but with a tail switch, similar to the M21A or M21B?

Thanks.

1 Thank

Simon, any plans to make a 20/22mm 6V 8A driver specifically for the XHP70.3? Or is 6V 5A driver enough for this LED?

2 Thanks

Ok I am the first :relieved:

The XHP50.3 (always go for the latest variant- skip the XHP50.2) runs comparatively cool. I think in another thread I told you I’ve already got an S2+ running the XHP50.3 3V variant with the stock Convoy 5A driver? It will easily run for a couple of minutes on the highest output level without the thermal control visibly knocking the output back. The Convoy 5A driver actually output more like 5.5 Amps too.

3 Thanks

Perfect!!!

So I directly buy the XHP50.3Hi led with 17mm Pad and 3v directly to the driver that my S2+ has with the SST40.

Love it if it works for you!

Thanks.

Oh yes! I second this request. Also, generally, I would love to have more modularity. It would be great to have compatible threads for different light series with the same battery size. So for example: S21D tail switch on S21F. Would make for some interesting flashlight Lego :nerd_face:

1 Thank

Yes, that’s exactly what I did. You can also get some 5050 sized 20mm TIR lenses from Simon on AliExpress. The only issue is the 3V versions have low a CRI (~70 IIRC) and are cold white only.

1 Thank

My Convoy S21E with Andúril arrived today. Super. Yes it is A1, but it seems that the major functions work as expected / as I had hoped. Will test it a bit tonight, check it out. :+1:

4 Thanks

Great! Looking forward to your update, please let us know how it goes!! Bonus points for photos, specially “up-the-skirt”, err into the head :grinning::rofl::wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: so we can see the apparent parts of the driver etc.

2 Thanks

@Simon_Mao,

Please consider adding adjustable temperature thermal management to your driver software.

In my opinion, by the time the driver gets to 55°C, the host is already way to hot.

He already did! It’s called Anduril and it’s already available on the S21E super-duper-special edition!!!

Oh wait… you mean his other driver software?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::rofl::grinning::smile::crazy_face::yum::grinning:

3 Thanks

I look forward to your review or a simple test, does the temperature control and settings work?

Do you have all the Anduril 1 options?

Can the Aux LED on the button be turned on and off?

Thank you.

1 Thank