【convoy】Golden S3 available now

Yup, I requested it to him on 1/June, and he actually accepted my request and put it up for us! Shoutout to Simon for his great work as always!

6 Thanks

Yup he’s done that a couple of times for me as well. “Hey simon can I get an x y z etc?” and he says “Sure I’ll make a new listing.”

I’ve been waiting for him to make it available in the Ti S2+, and release the 18350 tube also.

Very nice.

I wonder if a warm sft40 will be able to hold on to what makes the original so good. I am very intrigued. Either way I’ll take 10

1 Thank

I was genuinely surprised that he didn’t mind accepting my request. I expected to be turned down but he did actually made a whole listing for the request! That was really sweet.

Regardless, I am really excited to see what S3 XHP50.3 high cri will look like! It is likely going to be my new edc replacing my S2+ 519A. I know some prefers S2+ for the modding but I really love the stainless steel bezel of S3 !

3 Thanks

I am honestly waiting for the 17mm buck driver for this purposes. I am sure that there was something mentioned about Simon producing sample of 17mm buck driver earlier this year, but not sure when it will be released.

I would love to get a 17mm buck, 519A with 18350 TI tube tho :slight_smile:

1 Thank

I hope the 17mm buck driver won’t be overpowered, or that there will be a moderate power (3A) version.

More than 4A seems overkill for ta single Nichia 519A.

@Simon_Mao does the copper pill you put in the titanium S2+ fit in the standard aluminium S2+?

1 Thank

It has square threads if that helps. I’m not sure what threads the current aluminum S2+ has.

4 Thanks

yes, the copper pill is suitable for the aluminum S2+

3 Thanks

I don’t have so much ability. :sweat_smile:

Simon, when’s the S2+ Ti gonna be available with the XHP50.3 HI?
I saw you added the link to the S3, but not the S2+ Ti.

Not sure if this information would help,

It took me 10 days (not working days) for Simon to add the link for S3 XHP50.3 after my request.

I almost thought that he forgot about it because it was taking over a week, but according to him it just takes time to add link/aliexpress to validate it.

So don’t worry about it and lets wait a little bit more :slight_smile:

2 Thanks

Hi Simon. I asked Cree if they plan to make 90 CRI XHP50.3HI 3V and a seller told they can do special parts that aren’t in the catalog. He even mentioned the use of KSF phosphor, with I think is the red one used for high r9. Have you already asked them about that? I am not sure about the minimum quantity, but I’ll send you the seller’s email anyway.

4 Thanks

As long as it’s one of the newer square[rectangular] threaded S2+ it will fit, see pictures below to verify your thread pattern:

20230201_114209

2 Thanks

High CRI SFT40s would be amazing, even if it is slightly positive. Even with the high dUV on 3000k it seems to be less noticeable that far away from “neutral” white.

2 Thanks

@Simon_Mao do you need to produce new Parts (gasket / reflector) for this combination, or why is it delayed? I am just curious, no blame. :slight_smile:

I actually have a memo to document things. It’s just that I have to take care of my children this year, and my working hours have been greatly reduced.

11 Thanks

The 17mm 6V 4A drive circuit has components on both sides. It can only be soldered to the pill, which can be somewhat cumbersome when installing. I need to check how difficult it is to install and what the defect rate is

3 Thanks

No worries! I wasn’t complaining or blaming you:)

I was just providing informations to the person I was replying to :grin: to let them know that you will eventually add the listing after a while

Being a father is surely hard, but certainly worthy!
All the best to your parenting journey:)

And yes we definitely should buy more of your lights to support that :+1:

1 Thank

June 18 is Father’s Day is the US, so Happy Father’s Day Simon from the other side of the globe!