【convoy】Golden S3 available now

I would also love to see a right angle quad tir cct shifting light with a 21700!

As I said it was cheaper to buy a complete flashlight to change the led to a S21E.

I realize that disassembling the glass and diffuser, is faster on the S21E but working with the led, is easier S21A or either convoy with pill.

As I show in the pictures I can solder easily and cleanly.

On the S21E it is complicated to work in such a small space.

I have also seen that if no use both had a very dry thermal paste and no heat transfer power or very poor quality.

I have put a good quality one and well extended.

If you like electronics check your flashlights, it will dissipate heat better.

I noticed it when I turned it on, now it spreads around the body of the flashlight, dissipating heat better.

Before it stayed in the led.

I hope it helps.

Edit: The paste that you see in the photo is the one the flashlight had, I forgot to take a photo of the S21E, it was more dry and cracked without any use.

It doesn’t look so bad but now it’s much better!

Don’t change the crystals.

The green of the S21E changed the 5000K led to 6500K and at the S21A 6500K I put the led 5000K and left the magnet crystal.

I didn’t see any difference.

Don’t change it because the boards are different from the S21A is very thin was attached to the glass and I thought it would be difficult to adapt it to S21E.

And the S21E glass had a thicker and easier meeting to handle, but I left it for it previous reason.

It is understood? :person_facepalming:t2:

Edit: If it’s better to exchange the glass.

Green in 5000K and Magneta in 6500K, you tell me and I do.

I didn’t notice anything.

All my 5000K Convoy use a Green.

Other marks have no color.

it’s 3500K

3 Thanks

Sorry, it can’t be customized.

2 Thanks

Just to confirm, the HS20 is the one that looks like this

You have one like that coming out?

1 Thank

My current headlight is the Sofirn HS20.
It’s a great headlight, but I’m thinking that I’ll like the upcoming Convoy H4 even more. :grin:

1 Thank

That design, but using standard sized drivers and regular mcpcb’s so it was moddable, would be very cool

it’s in design

1 Thank

I installed a new Convoy 6v 4a boost driver in my S2+ tonight and I paired the new driver with a fresh 3000k XHP 50.3 Hi. I’m quite impressed! It’s much brighter than the LH351 that it replaced and the tint is good… Though next to a 2700k 519A it looks pretty green. The only issue I ran into was that the retaining ring would not fit due to proud components on the driver, I soldered the driver to the pill and have not had any issues, but it is less than ideal from my perspective. I’m also looking forward to receiving the new buck driver for my Ti S2+. Unfortunately, from looking at the Ali photos, I suspect I won’t be able to use the retaining ring with that either. Either way, I really appreciate that Convoy is bringing some high tech drivers to the market at super reasonable prices. Thank you Simon!

4 Thanks

You should be able to Dremel the inside of the retaining ring in order to clear the driver components.

Here’s an example:

4 Thanks

Can confirm it works with this driver.
Original on the left, moderate grinding middle, extra grinding on the right.

Both work

Btw, the 17mm buck driver doesn’t have this issue as much, it’s got a little more room. Maybe a tiny bit of grinding.

5 Thanks

Better result than an SST40?

Why will you buy it with dim led I have a 519A and it shines very dim.

I am interested in the coloration of a 6v XHP50.3Hi.

With a 3V XHP50.3HD on a S2+ already confirmed that it is very bright and it floods a lot.

It’s to know if it’s worth using the 6V one with the 3V one I don’t have to change the 5A driver.

Thanks!

Simon can you please offer the 3x21 and 4x18 with single XHP70.3 HI? Maybe the 90 cri version? And not the driver with double click for strobe please.

2 Thanks

It’s good to have you here, Ahhm!
Nice idea with the XHP70.3 HI.
I don’t know if what you want is possible, but that emitter is my favorite right now. :+1:

sorry,the mode can not be changed,
here are the links of 4X18A XHP70.3
4X18A XHP70.3 on aliexpress
4X18A XHP70.3 with battery on aliexpress
4X18A XHP70.3 on Amazon
4X18A XHP70.3 with battery on Amazon

1 Thank

Ok that’s a shame.

No plans for 3x21A or 3x21D with XHP70.3 HI?

no suitable MCPCB or reflector

Convoy H4 :scream::scream: 26800 compatible headlamp?

Ain’t nobody gonna tolerate a 26800 on their head. Most won’t tolerate a 21700.

6 Thanks