【convoy】Golden S3 available now

Hello! Will the 18500 fit into a 18350 flashlight? Otherwise I don’t know where to use them…

If you assemble a S2+ triple without a spacer, the 18500 will fit using an 18350 tube.

2 Thanks

Are there any posts or photos of this setup? Would be interesting to get an 18500 cell into a S2+ with the 18350 tube. Just wondering how far you can feed the pill in before you run out of threads.

1 Thank

You have to remove some of the threads so it can sit deeper. Also remove the lip around the top of the pill so the MCPCB sits flat.

2 Thanks

Yep, that’s Canada for ya

1 Thank

There are too few orders in Austria.
I need to pay the environmental protection fee every year to lift the shield to Austria.
It’s not worth it.

1 Thank

You’re not taking into account the length of the thread.

2 Thanks

Agree, I prefer he makes it without built in charge, instead he use that space to make an e-switch buck or boost driver with anduril 2.0 and flashing pads.

Also if he sells a 18350 tube as an accesory it would even be more compact.

Who knows if the s2+'s 18350 tube could be used in it.

3 Thanks

Hi Simon! Are you planning to release something in AAA format?

1 Thank

This is a sample AAA flashlight I had many years ago.

8 Thanks

Do you think you could do a scaled-down S2+ or T3 for AAA/10440?

Something like the Maglite Solitaire or Reylight Pineapple Mini, where it is very narrow, like a pen.

1 Thank

convoy sells (resells?) this one—aaa, not 10440.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2251832544191765.html

How and where can I buy this?

I have a Fenix E01 v2.0 that I modded to a 519A 5000K and I am really happy about it. If you can get one and are comfortable of modding it’s a good option. The pill is glued but it can be disassembled by dipping the head in hot water for a couple of minutes and then the pill screws out.

Any way to make that a clicky?

Did you consider my input about 2T Turbo on drivers for mechanical switch lights?

1 Thank

LMP LML2AW. DC 3000K / 4000K - 3A or 5A?

3 Thanks

@Simon_Mao how about a more powerful driver for the T2/T3? 2.5A or 3A should be OK for heat since they are bigger than other 14500 lights.

(Apologies for asking the same question many times, just curious to know the answer :grinning:.
Ti T3 with CSLNM1.TG looks great by the way!)

2 Thanks

Pretty sure you can get a h17fx with fet in there

You give up NiMH support though. The T3 has a 17mm driver which allows for tons of options. But some still wish for a more powerful driver with NiMH support.

2 Thanks