【convoy】convoylight.com ( Credit card payment is available )

Awesome, thank you!
Any timeline when it will be available?

2 Thanks

Is there any chance that you could offer it with the 3V 5A buck and 6V 2.4A boost driver?

Further, I would love for the SFT40 and B35AM to be options!

[Edit: related to T3/T4 with TIR, and new T5]
For anyone interested: dedomed 519a with 5° 20mm TIR makes an amazingly throwy beam. It does have some small rings, but they are not pronounced enough to be noticeable outdoors. If you have an Acebeam L35 70.2 - it has a similar beam, with less corona/spill, more like the 70.3 hi version.

2 Thanks

This week.

4 Thanks

I might offer this configuration with a vapcell 10A14500 battery for sale.

4 Thanks

Thank you!
I am sure the SFT40 and B35AM T5s will become community favourites.

If you have some spare time, maybe you could look into sourcing some new TIRs.
E.g. I have heard good things about the 23mm TIR used in the Fireflies P02/P03.

1 Thank

Do you have plans for a Yinding 5050 round emitter Z1?

Like this person modified:

2 Thanks

Wow! I love all the great updates and information here on the BLF. Huge Convoy fan and I am starting to mod my own lights now and then as well. Would anyone (Simon??) know if it’s possible to message or modify an order from the Convoy flashlight Store on Aliexpress ? I could not figure out how to send any communication about my most recent order and I really wanted to see if I could get a green tail switch on my new S6 with NM1.F1 green emitter…?
Anyone know if that’s a possibility??
Thanks in advance and thank you all for the hard work and amazing support for all of us light headed folks!
— Mitch

Message them directly using the AliEx messaging system. If it’s the official store (convoy.aliexpress.com) then you will be talking to Simon directly.

In future orders it’s best practice to DM Simon before placing your order, it’s what I always do.

That’s wonderful news, thank you!

Thank you!! I found out the messaging only works if you use the app :man_facepalming:t3:
I didn’t want to get sucked into it again but I downloaded it anyway :rofl:
Slowly learning all the secrets of AliX🫤

Which 5 degree 3535 TIR are you using? I might have to try that.

Simon, any news about the large TIR throwers you’ve been working on? I’ll be looking to get my first real thrower in the next couple of months and it would be nice if it would be ready by that time.

3 Thanks

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801776826241.html

1 Thank

Thank you! Somehow I missed that listing.

With 519a, I have found 5 degree clear to work best with domed and dedomed.
20 degree clear has some CCT shift, and square-ish with dedomed, but clean beam.
15, 30 and 60 degree beaded are great, too, with the 60 degree one being great for a floody EDC.
Avoid the 45 and 85 degree clear ones, they would likely need some spacer, but there is no extra space.
The 45x60 degree strip is also neat, while the 15x60 and 25x60 degree ones are too wide.

Next I plan to try the 10 and 15 degree clear ones.

All my S2+'s have 10 degree pebbled TIRs.
I’m planning to build a new S2+ with the 3V XHP50.3 HI 5700K and buck driver paired with the 10 degree clear TIR, hopefully it will look fine.
The 5 degree TIR is for my 719A.

Did the 10 degree clear one have artifacts, or did you just go with the pebbled one?

I have a Convoy H3 with an XHP50.3 Hi 5000K R90 that urgently needs it’s beam fixed. Overall it is excellent though.
I would love to hear which TIRs work well with the XHP50.3 Hi before I order.

I went with the pebbled straight away. The only clear ones I have are for 5050 emitters, I remember I quickly tried it a while back with a dedomed 519A but it wasn’t centered well and had a couple of artifacts in the beam, but seemed slightly throwier, one of these days I might try it again and see if I can center it better. I’ll try to post some pictures later.

I’m gonna wait till Simon releases the new T5 so I can order everything together. Later, I wanna get some B35AM 3500K to replace the 719A, and his new large TIR thrower.

1 Thank

Do be aware of the footprint difference between B35AM and 719A, though if you have a hobby knife it should be easy to enlarge a 3535 TIR opening.

I wish the pebbled TIR has pebbling that is random or sunflower-like instead of a hexagonal lattice, it introduces some artifacts.

1 Thank

I know, I’m planning to try the B35AM with the 5050 TIR first and see how the beam looks, if doesn’t work well then I’ll modify a 3535 one.

The beam I get from the 10 degree pebbled TIR in all my S2+ all look pretty clean, unless I wave the light around and then I can see some stuff but that doesn’t bother me.