【convoy】Golden S3 available now

Really! I was talking to them on Taobao the other day and they are really helpful, genuinely thought they’re part of your team.

You don’t sell domestically? Or just using another platform? AFAIK Aliexpress is only for the foreign market, right?

There’s a store on Taobao that sells Convoy flashlights. I thought it was yours since it reused a lot of the product images on your Aliexpress store.

Simon, while looking for a TIR at Gaggione for a M21B and M21A conversion, I discovered this special TIR, that seems like it would be perfect for use in a modified version of L21B or 3x21A.

67mm x 39.8mm - narrow TIR LLC56N:

• w XHP70.3HI 8.0 deg, 35cd/lm
  • w XHP50.3 HI 5.7deg 70cd/lm
  • w SFT40 4.0deg 150cd/lm

Might you be open to consider creating a 67mm TIR thrower light after you are done with the 50mm TIR versions?

Edit: This LMP W7070ST1 at 3700lm, assuming same 150cd/lm as STF40, could reach 555kcd, which would rival an SBT90 thrower, but likely have a much nicer beamshape and be more efficient.

4 Thanks

:sweat_smile:
I don’t have a team. :sweat_smile:

5 Thanks

The business in China is handled by some agents.

1 Thank

I had a Taobao shop two or three years ago, but I have closed it.

I would prioritize looking for TIR lenses of this size in China.
Cross-border procurement is usually more troublesome. For example, transportation, payment, delivery date and so on, which is not as convenient as my direct purchase in China.

4 Thanks

I’m ready to upgrade the driver of S12 with 3*UV 365nm .
Previously I used a linear driver. The maximum current will be 4amps.
The quality of UV 365nm LED is not very stable, and individual flashlights will be burned out.
Because the voltage of ultraviolet led is higher than that of white led.Therefore, the boost and buck functions are added to the drive circuit to ensure constant current output.

18 Thanks

Interesting. The Buck-Boost driver would be nice for driving white LEDs too. What is the parameters of this driver? Current? Voltage range? Diameter?

This sounds interesting for a AA/14500 lights, too!

Makes sense. In that case, I recommend you order some samples from the Jarmay Aliexpress store and see if they may fit an existing light, or if any are exciting enough to design a new host for.

Here are some that I have found interesting enough to order myself:

• 22mm x 13.7mm - 5 degree TIR #HEIF-2205, 4.7mm opening, looks like it is the TIR used in Fireflies P02/P03, that use CSLNM1 and 519a dedomed, also works well with XHP50.3 HI (based on a reddit post). This may fit S21A and similar lights.

• 29mm x 18.8mm - 3 degree TIR #DGCN-2903, 12mm opening, works very well with XHP50.3 HI (based on a reddit post), and seems to also work well with SFT40. This should fit M21B with just a spacer/o-ring.

• 35mm x 20.2mm (21.6mm w legs) - 3 degree TIR LZR-3503, 10mm opening, looks identical to the TIR used in DM11, TS11, IF22A, which is excellent paired with SFT40. A redesigned M21H (2.4mm deeper head) or M21F (with much shorter head) would be good hosts.

• 38mm x 23.1mm - 3 degree TIR #IZAM-3803, 8.7mm opening, without reported uses.

• 48mm (46.5mm) x 28mm - 2 degree TIR #PHCE-4802 (for Cree Xpe 3535,3030), 13mm opening, looks like the TIR used in Acebeam L18, which used Osram CSLPM1.TG, and some have successfully modified it to SFT40. A redesigned M21A would be a great host for this.

I would recommend starting with the #DGCN-2903 by offering a new M21B TIR version and see how it sells. There are currently few if any TIR throwers with a tailswitch and a head <35mm on the market (using non-proprietary 21700 cells).

Next you could see if you could create an alternative bezel for the M21H that would make space for the slightly longer 35mm TIR (Or fabricate a copper/aluminium block to lift the MCPCB in the M21F) and offer it with an SFT40.

I love your lights and would love to see more TIR versions, as those are what I end up using in practice over most reflector lights. Keep up the good work Simon. Thank you!

3 Thanks

I sell the L21B SBT90.2 in my flashlight store and I install a Beryllium copper spring on the driver for a 500 lumen increase. Using dual 8A springs isn’t good enough, some aren’t properly soldered to the PCB to make it worse on some units. I tried to get Simon to source BeCu springs but ended up just using dual springs which was disappointing.

3 Thanks

@Simon_Mao when will the 3X21D constant current driver going to be available?

It will be available soon.It may take another 7 to 10 days.

4 Thanks

input 3-4.2V ,
output 3.6-4.0v 3amps
22mm

2 Thanks

ok ,i will produce some.
Are your springs made of beryllium cobalt copper or beryllium nickel copper? Is there any ingredient percentage data?

1 Thank

@Simon_Mao here is @BlueSwordM’s thread for his springs.

I’m using the 3rd Gen version, and only 1 pc of the large spring.

1 Thank

I looked up some information about BeCU.I did a cursory reading of the post you sent me.Similarly, I did not find any information about the c17550 on the Internet.I will contact the spring manufacturer tomorrow. They are more professional.

1 Thank

You could contact Blue Sword and ask about them.