【convoy】convoylight.com ( Credit card payment is available )

What a missed potential. Thank you for sharing!

Just don’t try using one with a Convoy driver that’s fitted with a solid post for the battery + (instead of a spring.)

This would be absolutely fantastic, making accessories that allow the conversion of an S2+ into a triple. I like S2+ triples because they allow for very high output in a small package with a very customizable beam shape–the Carclo optics are excellent, much better than the generic quad optics used by Convoy/Sofirn/Wurkkos lights, which tend to produce artifacts or turn the beam warmer and greener.

Does the S16 use 20mm MCPCBs and 20mm drivers?

Mine uses a 20mm mcpcb and 22mm driver

3 Thanks

Hello, I’m sorry if this isn’t quite the right spot, but I was really hoping to get a quick answer in this thread. I was just testing LVP in some flashlights, putting a ~2.7v battery in my lights and making sure they’d shut off. I did it with my M21H and it flickered very quickly and then shut off. However I can’t seem to get it to turn on now with a charged battery. Did I kill it?

I should probably add I tested this with the FC40 M21D, an S21D, S21F as well before this without damage. The M21D flickered similarly before shutting off and is still fine.

thank you!

kill the battery or the flashlight?

Sorry , to be more specific the battery is ok, I charged it up separately and it is fine. The flashlight will no longer turn on with any battery. The switch lights up when plugged in, but the main led will not power up on USB power either.

Would double tapping to try to turbo with a low battery a problem?

Also for full disclosure I did replace the driver post with a good spring, because I didn’t like light turning off when bumped. It has been like that for many months now though.

Simon, could you make an option to buy the T3’s with the new XPL-HI you have listed recently, and also with the battery?

1 Thank

When L6 or 3X21A with quad 519A?

Shopee is better for PH buyer…

Will there be T5 in more colors? I do not like orange flashlights, and black is boring… I would be interested in either the same gray as S2+ has, or MAO, or maybe some other color… Open for most things that are not orange or black.

Would the Lumintop 14500 be a good battery choice for T5?

Very expensive choice if you do not need the USB-C charging port, and even if you do.

ShockLi is cheaper and reliable, without USB:
Shockli 2-8pcs 14500 1000mAh 3.7V li-ion rechargeable Batteries AA Battery Lithium Cell for Led Flashlight Headlamps Toys - AliExpress

Or you can order directly from NKON with or without the USB port:
Rechargable batteries - 14500, 16340, 18350, 18490 and 18500: 14500, 750mAh - 1900mAh and In Stock | NKON

1 Thank

I need the charging port on this one, and unlike the Keeppower at nkon it has to be usb-c.

I got one of the lumintop cells with a EDC15 and it seems to work well (usb-c to usb-c charging works, capacity seems correct according to my liitokala charger), so it was my go-to. If anyone knows a better and/or cheaper usb-c 14500 I’ll gladly take it.

Thanks for the links, the shockli looks great for the price - sadly I’m limited to USB chargeable ones in this case.

£5.04 40%OFF | Type-c Port 14500 Lithium Battery 700mAh 3.7V AA Large Capacity Flashlight Electric Scooter Pilha Usb Recarregavel AA
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQ0CcjB

1 Thank

Good price! Any experience with those in flashlights? I can not see any discharge rating, can it take 1.5A?

I got these batteries to use as backups. I haven’t used them extensively in flashlights. There is no information printed on the batteries with regard to discharge rating.
I have to point out here that the Lumintops come with 920 mah where as these ones come with 700mah. In case you were wondering, the brand name is Smartools.

Simon the amber cslnm1.fy should use a lower current than the 4800mA driver. There’s mo brightness benefit from over 4A.

Do you have a good linear driver or buck driver for 3A or 3.5A?

Ok, please contact me on AliExpress and I will send you new accessories or new flashlight.Sorry for the trouble.

1 Thank