【convoy】Golden S3 available now

Awesome, always wondered where that option was. Thanks! Doing it now.

Hi Simon, it’s nice to know that you would be interested with a head designed for Carclo TIR lens.
As I said, the idea would be to keep the compatibility with the 18650 S2+ (tubes, accessories, etc) so the head threading for the connection to the tube would need to be the same as the S2+.
I don’t mind much the external head design as long as it has fins.
Head shelf thickness, I don’t know, maybe something from 3 to 5mm.
Concerning the front bezel, a stainless steel ring. I prefer something similar to the S3 with an internal threading but a larger one with an external threading like the C8 is fine.

It would probably be too much to ask for a head designed for the Carclo triple (20mm) and another one for the Carclo quad (24mm), so if you could only make one, please make it to fit the Carclo quad because it will also fit Carclo triple with an adapter.

Here is the 24mm Carclo quad, LEDs MCPCB working with this TIR lens are 21mm in diameter but MCPCB thickness varies from 1.5mm to 2.0mm.

Sorry for the pitiful drawing but if you make the head for the quad with a reduction within the head, an adapter ring (in yellow on the drawing) could sit (and be glued) on the shoulder of the reduction to help centering the smaller Carclo triple if people would like to use this head for a triple.

More details about the Carclo quad, see PDF file here : 10.0mm Narrow Spot Plain TIR LED Lenses | Carclo Optics

You can take a look here for the lens model of my suggestion:
http://www.carclo-optics.com/optic-10511?optictype=tir

You can replace 10511 to any number between 10507 and 10510 to look at further identical sized models with different beams - you will find the produced beam shapes for many LEDs below on each page.

To get the precise sizes of the lens, you can find the document here:

You can also take a look at the 10621 to 10624 range, but those are for 4 emitters instead of 3, and are of 24 mm diameter instead of 20 mm
( sizes here: http://www.carclo-optics.com/sites/default/files/images/optics/10623_iss1_140509.pdf ).

Edit:
If you decide to make this flashlight to be compatible with both d = 24mm optics (10621-10624) and d = 20 mm optics (10507-10511), the thread inside the head should go along from the bezel end to the top of the shelf - and then a threaded ring could be inserted as a centering element for the d = 20 mm MCPCB and optics (could be screwed in like a driver retaining ring).

I would also suggest, that as Tally-ho mentioned the S3 bezel ring, that could be also a good thing to use (with some modifications), just the edge of that should not extend beyond the thread, so any differences in height (varying thickness of O-rings, front glasses, and the optics sitting on LEDs with different heights) could not be a problem, and every configuration would be a perfect fit. (I built an S3 earlier with UV LED, and the visual spectrum blocking filter lens was rather thick for the S3 bezel - this is why I mention this.)

So this way, the same thread could be used for both the centering ring, and the bezel - and glue won’t be necessary.

you can use paypal ,
you can tell what you need in private message ,i will calculate the amount ,and send you my paypal account

Ah, I’m happy to do whatever works best for you - I already put in an order (102140341741181) so if you want to cancel it, I’ll do it through private message if you’re happy with that.

Thanks!

Thank you for your suggestion, I will get some carclo samples for testing.

@adam7027

Thank you for insisting on a head for Carclo triple only and making the quad sounding like an option. Thank you for trying to ruin what I was asking for in the first place. :+1:

Again, you did not read me carefully. I eventually opted for compatibility for both Carclo 10621-10624 range and 10507-10511 range.
And anyway, it is not me to make the final decision on this topic, and you can see I made an edit with all my suggestions.

Hi Simon,
Could you please tell if it’s possible to get “attack awl” parts also for M3? Any plans, maybe?
I see them only for S9 in your store…

Hi Simon

Does the M3 driver fit in the L6 ?
And does the L2 tube fit on the L6?

Otherwise i would be very interested in that combination, since i like the design of a single cell L6 very much!

[So: L6 head, with M3 driver and L2 tube]

You can use the L2 tube with the L6 head. You can also use the tube extension of the L2 to have a 3S Convoy L6 as the FX-30 buck driver can run 2S and 3S. :-)

Thanks Lux_Perpetua!

So the only remaining question is, will the M3 driver fit the L6 head?
Would it be possible to make such a combination Simon?

installed in the tail of M3 ,too?

M3 driver 26mm
L6 driver 30mm
size is different

tubes of L2 and L6 are the same

The knurling of L2 and L6 tubes are not the same but apart from that they are interchangeable. :-)

Hi Simon

would it be possible to make a new batch of 30 mm M3 drivers?
I can imagine there a more people who would like a ‘shorty’ L6
At least, i do :wink:

:+1: me too

I would definitely buy a 21700 version of FW3A, or similar compact Convoy, either quad or triple. Or with other Led combinations like 2xXHP 50.2 or 1xXHP 70.2, as long as it supports higher sustainable output. Anyway, most important to choose the combination that gives us the best balance of price / sustainable output / form factor / Edc / cool (read a couple of pink background front Leds and one in the metal tail button) premium feel deal. Ofc with ramping, and maybe thunder / candle modes. Absolute max GB price I’m willing to pay is 38 dollars with code, incl shipping.

Would agree with the 21700 version over 18650.

Received today Convoy M3 and S21A