Convoy L2/L6 modding thread

Woh that sure sounds great :smiley: i got two 26650 protected keeppower 5200 mah in my l6 now do i need to get some unprotected?(like the blue litokola or something like that)

Hi, any powerful single mode buck driver for L2?
For single cell there are many solutions but 2 cell configuration is not easy.

With fet driver and 70.2 in my L6 the most I could get from the protected KP 5200 mah was about 10 amps.

The Liitokala blue gave me 17 to 18 amps.

So 10 amps is not bad, but if you want the most possible you have to switch to unprotected high drain cells.

I recently got some Liitokala black cells and they seem just as good as the blues.

Where besides mountain electronics can i get part when im in the Netherlands. Last time with parts for my supwildfire thrower i had to pay 30 dollar tax…

Those beamshots sure look nice! It would be a shame to limit the fet to 10 amps…
Gearbest is the place to go for liitokala?

If your in the Netherlands, I would suggest buying a driver from Lexel. He is in Germany.

Tell him you want a 30mm, 2S driver for the L6. He will. On tact you about the options.

Gearbest and Banggood are good sources for the Liitokala cells. I recently bought the newer black cells from their official store on Aliexpress, but it took 9 weeks to the USA.

You can get the SMO reflector for the L6 from Simon at his Aliexpress store in China. L6 SMO reflector
http://s.aliexpress.com/jIJRNZnI

If you order the reflector, you can ask Simon if he will add a couple of the clear side swith covers as well. He will probably add a couple for free. Then you can add switch leds if you want.

Here’s a look at the simple spacer I used to marry the L6 to Carmen…

I would have liked to fill the head under the big MT-G2, but this piece was the largest diameter solid bar stock I had. At the same time, I’m using a pair of 26350’s with 2000mAh capacity, so heat and run time restrict current consumption and output, reckon this chunk of 6061 is ample.

Lexel is gone send me a driver :slight_smile: thanks for the tip.
Xhp70.2 6000k is my choice for the led.

MT-G2 emitters look so neat under a UV light. :slight_smile: (this is supposed to be a Q0 5000K emitter)

What’s the diameter of the L2’s driver?

I got a coupla 1-mode buck drivers in 22mm from FT, 3.0A and 2.5A, and a while back got one from AX, also 22mm, 2.8A.

Other than 22mm, well, you’re on your own…

(It’s what the F13 takes.)

22mm is the winning ticket for the L2! :smiley:

Or, um, 20mm? I have one that’s 20mm, thought I’d put a 22mm in the newest one I built for my brother-in-law… dang memory!

20mm would be more in-line with an SK98. Dunno if the L2 would take a 20mm without an adapter/washer.

Some advices ,please.

Put a 20mm 1S 3v FETDD driver in it, a High current 26650 and drive the hell out of that HI.

The rest you ask about has too many variables and cost more money.

Contact BLF member Lexel, see if he can help you out.

Indeed, the L2 takes a 20mm driver.

I was getting confused with a couple of other lights I had drivers built up for, amazing I keep track at all building 4 or 5 lights a day. lol

The stock driver is 20mm but it has some play so 21mm may also fit or a 22mm if it can allow a bit of sanding-grinding from the edge.

That reflector looks nice! Is there any improvement in beam over normal reflector?

I have a clear anodized L6 with a smooth reflector adapted to an MT-G2 emitter. Side by side, there are differences. The smooth reflector has artifacts in the hot spot but the spot is pretty tight. There are larger aura and spill area’s with the reflector as compared to much more subdued aura and spill from the Carmen. Carmen’s hot spot is more smooth, without artifacts, so in general it is more light in the spot and a more pleasing presence of light. These 2 lights aren’t making the same power level, was looking into adressing that just moments ago, so we’ll see after some further modifications just how the two compare.

Carmen is prettier, for sure. :slight_smile:

Both my new version L2’s driver pockets are 21.4mm, the older version was 17mm. I have filed down a 22mmFETDD driver no problem. The problem you might encounter with other 22mm drivers is the ground ring size, on some Buck and Boost drivers have a thin ground ring, the other problem that might happen is some of the SMD’s are pretty close to that thin ground ring, so care must be taken not to interfere with the drive pocket ledge. Ask me how I know! :person_facepalming:

Aha, that 21.something sounded familiar, and wasn’t sure if that was for the L2, L6, or both.