Convoy L2/L6 modding thread

I thought so thanks. Any idea if just changing to the XHP35 HI will make it a much better thrower? I do have the smooth reflector from Simon but I didn't notice much difference with the XHP70 in my L6.

If you find a driver to drive the XHP35 HI at about 2-2,5A it will be throwing well above 1 km.
The stock L6 with XHP70 throws 480-500m

Well that is good new, thanks a lot. I will be searching for that special driver then.

Soon Lexel will be building boost drivers.

Currently, people run 4 of the 26350 batteries and a certain driver. I can’t think of the driver model.

Would running 4x26350 in the L6 with the XHP35hi drop the run times by 50% since it will be using twice the voltage?

Twice the voltage, a fraction of the amperage… running the XHP-35 at 2A to 2.5A on the 2000mAh 26350’s should still, theoretically, allow an hour run time.

Richard makes a driver to do this, and the LD2 can be configured to do it as well.

an hour on turbo is about the same as the stock L6. RIchard, is that his username?

He’s the owner operator of Mountain Electronics. He makes many drivers for sale. His name on the forum is RMM, but he doesn’t post much here as he’s very busy with his store.

Thanks Jason. I've ordered from them before but never new his name.

With an extension 4-26500’s….

With 2 extensions 4-26650’s

That just gave me and idea. Couldn't I just add another L6 battery tube to my L6 and insert 4x26650's to run the XHP35-Hi? I have a two spare tubes from Convoy anyway. Then all I would need is the driver.

you would need a connector, like the one that comes with the L2

Is the L2 and/or L6 reflector wise a good host for the XHP35?
Where to find a boost driver (for 2S) and a buck driver (for 4S)?

The L6 battery tube is male on each end, there are single cell extensions though that can be added to stack it up to 4 cells. Edit: I have 10 or 12 of the single cell extensions that I got from Mitko, 1 or 2 or whatever yours for the asking if you pay shipping to you… that’s all Mitko asked of me… shipping.

The L2 works well with the XHP-35, I have 4 of the 26350’s in mine at the moment but have also done the 4 26650 long arrangement. Like a big modern MagLite that way. :wink:

LED4Power has the LD-2 driver that can be modified to do 4 series for the XHP-35, I’ve done that a few times and it works well. There are boost drivers being worked on even now, or there are a couple of them from AliExpress I believe (haven’t tried those)

Great info, thanks! :+1:

A few more questions though…
So, the L2 works better with the XHP-35 than the L6?
Do 4 of the 26350’s fit the stock L2/L6 body?

I’ll PM you about the extension tubes.

For throw the bigger reflector is almost always better. So with same driver and led the L6 will throw further than the L2.

^ what he said

Icarus, you might give Mitko a shout out on the extension tubes, shipping would be a lot easier if he has some more… or you could just get them from Simon only needing a pair of them. (Convoy, AliExpress)

Maglite 2D, L2 4x26650, L2 1x26650

The Jax X6 XHP35 E4 1B (dome on) @3amps Trumps the L2/L6 4x26650’s for Skull Crushing Thump-Ability!! :smiley: :+1:

My Truck Light :wink: