Convoy L2/L6 modding thread

Uhh. NO.
Don’t even try to defend BG. BG is trying to steal my money. BG sent me an e-mail saying they couldn’t supply the L2 despite continuing to sell them (at a higher price) and has given me NO OPTIONS other than to just let them have my money. They do not respond to ANY CS requests. As it stands, my only options are for Paypal to return my money or for me to go though my bank on a fraud claim.

I will get my money back.

i agree with Jason,just ask your money back or ask for an L2.
you might try their live chat which is more useful then waiting 24h on a reply with rhetorical questions and answers.

So, I just realized that I could use 4x Carclo 1062x optics in my L6 and still have room around the edge for 4 more singles if I can find MCPCBs small enough. Then I wouldn’t need the more difficult to obtain LEDiL Sandra 12x 3535 Sinkpad and I could potentially have 8 more LEDs in the head. Additionally, I hit another goal which was to have customizable optics in the head.
Another interesting option would be 7x 20mm triples and Carclo 1050x optics for 21 leds. I think I like this option better.

Looking sharp! i like it.
please keep us posted about this project

So, I can buy a 1x 26650 tube from Convoy on their Aliexpress store but they don’t sell the extension tubes. Does anyone have a black extension tube they’re not going to use?

:smiling_imp:

Anyone have a pcb with an AtTiny that runs “narsil” but instead of actually driving a LED, it just generates the PWM signal for a TaskLED Hyerboost?

You want a single channel FET driver to supply a PWM signal to a TaskLED Hyperboost driver so you can power something like a CXB3590 led?

You know Lexel, right? He probably has a driver like that.

I think Lexel is on “board” (get it?!) with making a stripped down “driver” board for my light.

Paypal ruled in my favor and issued a refund.

Also, I found someone on ebay selling the L2 extension tube so I bought that for my project L6.

PM me prototype3a, I have a box of extension tubes Mitko sent me…

:person_facepalming:
I’m always so far behind these days…

Has anyone bored the L6 led pcb space to 32mm?

DB did. I think Kawiboy as well.

No structure risks?
Thanks!

Yep, it’s how I prefer to mod the L6 now. Put plenty of copper under the emitter and give more transfer shelf to help it get out of the light.

Nope no structure risks…… :+1:

:sunglasses:

I just successfully finished building an L2 with Osram CSLNM1.TG and linear driver and wanted to post some beam shots since I posted here about a month ago asking for advice. It took a little longer than expected because I shorted the driver twice and had to keep ordering new ones. I suspect the reflector was completing a circuit across the LED leads as I initially was attempting to not use a centering ring but ultimately went with one to secure the reflector a millimeter or so away from the MCPCB. I used the one Richard is selling which doesn’t actually help to center the larger reflector of the L2 but worked well as a spacer. The centering ring is slightly undersized and did chip the corners of the diode when screwed down securely but doesn’t seem to affect function. With the screws securing the MCPCB in place centering was not difficult at all.

I used Richard’s 105E linear driver and added 3 additional 7135 IC’s for a target current of 4.18A. I also bypassed both springs. I referenced luminarium iaculator’s post from last October bench testing the CSLNM1.TG to decide on 11 x 7135. Using an unprotected Keeppower IMR rated for 15A continuous discharge I am measuring 4.40A at the tailcap, I am not sure how I am exceeding 4.2A unless some of the 7135 IC’s are handling more than their rated 380mA. The light warms up slowly on high over 5-10 minutes but the thermal management of this host seems more than adequate. This is by far my most impressive thrower. I don’t have equipment to measure candela but the hot spot is about half the size of my stock Emisar D1S 4000k XPL HI and noticeably brighter to the naked eye.

The beam is nice and I unfortunately haven’t taken any outdoor shots yet but I have a couple of the beam bounced against the ceiling. There is a nice even useful spill which can be seen with my camera on automatic exposure settings.

With the camera’s exposure turned all the way down you can get a better sense of how the hot spot looks but it still over exposed, in person there is a dense round hot spot about 3 inches in diameter at 8 feet within a larger dimmer hot spot about 4 times that diameter.

I am very happy with how this turned out, it is extremely throwy and the form factor while too big for EDC is practical for extended use compared to something like the GT. Thanks all for the information and help with this build!

Which Keeppower would this be?

How did you measure the amps?