【convoy】Golden S3 available now

It can definitely work. I made one for our son. I don’t trust him with lithium ions so I used a T3 driver powered by an aa eneloop. I didn’t modify any springs. It’s a tight fit but there are no problems.

@Simon_Mao Are you still going to release the Sofirn HS20 style headlamp?

2 Thanks

And much more competition.

You wouldn’t say,“Ferrari is excellent for race tracks, but there’s a much larger market for a fuel efficient family sedan.” and recommend they try to make a better Toyota than Toyota.

My bad, I skimmed past some key bits of context at the start of this conversation. The above is still true of course but it’s not analogous to what you’re saying here. This is a completely different situation.

Sounds like a good analogy in theory, however reality is quite different. The vast majority of Convoy’s revenue and sales are from their completed lights, with the sales (and most likely profit margin) on flashlights completely eclipsing the revenue that DIY parts generate. Simon or others may correct me on that.

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love the fact that Convoy cater to the DIY market by selling all their drivers and LED’s separately, it’s a huge gamechanger and very few manufacturers do this.

4 Thanks

Edited

The model has been designed, and the next step is to design the driver.

23 Thanks

12*519A sample , 54A FET driver inside,
At room temperature of 25 degrees Celsius, the maximum surface temperature of the flashlight rises to 75 degrees Celsius

16 Thanks

Thank you so much for designing this at my request. Looks good, I like how it will use dual switches. I’m looking forward to selling it in my store.

What LEDs will if first come with? We first spoke about an SFT40 & SST20 DR 660nm for hunting. If it’s not that, it’s okay, but I would appreciate those LEDs in the future. I need a good hunting headlamp :slight_smile: with a reflector used on both LEDs for maximum range.

Is that going to be the H4?
No offense, but it looks kinda large and heavy even if it runs on an 18650. :thinking:

1 Thank

Choosing LED models for this headlamp, I don’t think we had an obstacle in this regard. :grinning:

3 Thanks

It could be that the angle of the shot makes it look big.

1 Thank

Yeah, I hope I’m wrong, but I’m feeling better about choosing the H3 at this point. :+1:

That looks awesome. Glad to see dual switches too. Will it have reflectors or TIR? I hope optional leds are available. I don’t always need a red LED, so a high cri floody led maybe the LMP one, and a high cri throwy led like the round die one, would be nice to have. If you can, a buck driver option would also be great for at least one of the leds. Look forward to it.

1 Thank

Love it!! :sunglasses::+1:

Hello Simon. (Regarding new design S11) It would be really great if the tail cap lugs/internal space in the switch housing would allow the stainless steel buttons to tail stand without actuating. (This works on the current S11 with the addition of a thicker internal o-ring).

The option for a native steel switch would be amazing, mainly because I’m not keen on illuminated switches myself but I know many people like them.

1 Thank

My initial plan is to install a TIR lens on one side for close range and a reflector on the other side with a small core of LEDs for long range.

6 Thanks

Some of my flashlights have started using stainless steel buttons directly, there are some changes that allow light to come through directly.No need to use a plastic holder to guide the light out.

3 Thanks

Can I ask what those changes are? Something on your end or something we can do to current switches?

This looks awesome!

I’m hoping there will be an Anduril FET driver available to retrofit for the 4x18 and 3x21 lights in the future. Have the driver designer look at design of Sofirn Q8 Plus driver (new t1616 version), it is a FET driver designed for a similar use.

1 Thank