convoy l4 and s2 I ordered both broken :(

Can you try the S2+ without the tailcap, using some wire to make the connection between the cell and body instead? I wonder if pressure on the protection circuit is the problem.

Does the protected cell functions normally in other flashlights? At any rate, make a loop with a paper clip and put in the tailcap and see if lights up normally.

yes, protected cell works fine in another light. Paperclip lit up light but appeared to still flicker and do random things, hard to tell. Thanks.

edit: don’t mean to hijack thread but maybe can help OP too.

Tighten the pill. Ensure is push all the way to the front, so that you will have more room to accommodate the extra protected battery length.

The paperclip loop is mentioned here:

Saypat it kind of sounds like it's shorting something on the driver by compressing the spring ?? I'd take a pic of it and contact simon my bet is he'll take care of you .

I tried another protected cell in it and it looked like it was working, or so I thought. It had L,M,H, Strobe modes but NO S.O.S. Once again it works fine on an unprotected cell, and both protected cells work fine in other lights! This is frustrating. Maybe I’ll contact Simon but what could he do??? Send me a short cell? I mean this light was only something like $11 I think.

thanks Boaz.

I’ve been abit busy and haven’t had a chance to reply but the s2 seems to be working fine now after I cleaned the contacts on the switch maybe it was just a coincidence but does anyone know how I could replace the side switch/driver on the l4? I can’t find them for sale anywhere :frowning:

Did you take apart the L4? Is something actually broken? sometimes the driver twists or gets pushed back, so the switch is out of position with the rubber boot. You can fixe it by re-aligning the driver, and cranking down the retaining ring to keep it tight.

Yes I took everything apart(it was very frustrating getting those wires through the holes again |( ) but I think I pressed the button to hard and it’s broken,It doesn’t come back after you press it nor make any sounds. I will take it apart again later but for now I have just been using it stuck in low mode which is still better than flashlight from any shops where I live. Unless I pay the same as about 70 dollars for 300 lumens :expressionless:

Ohh - I believe you can find/locate a replacement mountable switch, may be tricky to find the right size, and not sure what's involved to swap it.

Pics of the broken switch? We can perhaps help locate a replacement.

Actually my icon is a L4 driver... Pics I have are here: http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/TomE2012/library/Convoy%20L4

I filed down the backside of the switch though, to better fit the piggyback driver. Originally it was squared off.

In a way it would be better if you broke the switch on the driver instead of the button on the body because then you'd have an excuse to upgrade to a nice BLF driver.

Off topic, but I need to find some switches too. I can't find the little plastic SMD type that I've seen on flashlights on Digikey or Mouser, so for now I'm going to see about harvesting some out of old electronics.

Which switches are you looking for?

Ideally the same exact one used in lights like the Small Sun ZY-T29, DQG 26650 and possible the Solarstorm T04. I'd rather mod the BLFDD pcb's to fit the switch than piggyback a driver. What I harvest will just be for a driver testing rig.

$1.99 (free ship) ebay 10pcs Tact Switch Through Hole Right Angle or C&K PST635V on mouser.

What is a blf driver?

Edit: Where would I get one xD silly me blf=budgetlightforum I was on my way out and didn’t have time to think about it, then I noticed it in the car.

BLF driver DIY PCBs can be found in the Oshpark thread. Some assembled BLF drivers can be purchased from BLF member RMM mtnelectronics.com

Last night I ordered the switches when I put them on I will post pics