Convoy l6 build

I'm new to the art of flashlight mods.

I have purchased a convoy l6 for my first build, what size wire do I need to wire the light for the xhp.70.2.

I have 24awg silicon wire, but it seems to be to small.

It depends on driver the stock driver comes with relative thin but sufficiant leads

If you use a FET DD driver 0.75-1mm² is good for max current

You may look into my L6 drivers for blasting performance boost with high drain batteries

If I go with one of your high power driver's what gauge silicone wire would you recommend.

If you use a FET DD driver 0.75-1mm² is good for max current

keep them as short as possible, after driver install with longer ones you can cut them, but thats a hassle if you got to assemble the driver again, to get them inside the holes

if you plan reflashing MCUs or so they need to be longer or you woulkd need one with the programming key

There is a L2/L6 mod thread you can check out……ask questions if you want to… Convoy L2/L6 modding thread

Wire thickness is about resistance. If your not pushing much power to the led, then 24ga will work. If your going direct drive and want the max power then use some 18ga and keep the lengths short.

Since your in the US, you can buy a variety of high quality silicone wire from MTN E. I bought 1 foot of several different gauges so I can play around to see what works best. Some lights you want more resistance and some you want less.

I’ve also got links in my signature for an L6 and S70S build if your interested.