Convoy L6 or BLF Q8 ?

I vote q8. Can’t get past the UI and such.

Another vote for the Q8. Add longer runtime to the list of benefits.

And upgrade+customization options are good on the q8; plus it’s a standard 18650 light. Lower the resistance some and use good cells and you get even higher turbo output than stock; dig in some and you can bring the firmware up to anduril, though even what it comes with is better than some. I might go for 219c’s sometime; those who have have liked it.

Yes UI and 5k+ L make Q8 more interesting but the form of L6 is nice too ,wonder with 70.2+resistor mod+SMO can do close.

Get both :wink:

I have both flashlights. But if I had to choose only one, I would choose Q8.

Am i the only one who prefer the L6? :zipper_mouth_face:

I get a strong impression that if it’s a modded offering on SkyLumen’s website, it’s the purist’s choice. Convoy L6, from what I read on the forums, is like Marlboro to a smoker or the BMW M3 to a street race enthusiast. Anything else is not the core “the”.

I have and like both lights. For me they are two different lights and both are very good

I too prefer L6 with TA driver than Q8.

L6 can use as security weapon light and it pump out almost 9k lumens with TA driver. It also have excellent heat sink and it look more nicer than Q8.
:smiley:

I don’t have many choices of driver where I live …so with L6 I may do resistor mod.

I say l6 since it can run infinite on the highest more or less and looks more badass! there is something special about a light that runs a single emitter and still puts out over 3000 lumens.

If u can mod L6with TA lexel driver it will be much better than Q8 and both have same UI (ramping FET driver)

I have two L6 now and I’m loving it

Just sent message to Simon if he can make L6 with 70.2 and SMO .Anyone set up like this and what the beam like ?

I know from having witnessed the MK-R to the XHP70 to the XHP70.2 the .2 is truly impressive. There was practically no difference from the TN36 to UT but a big improvement to the latest LE. The very faint donut shadow is completely gone and the illumination is uniformly pure white. So I think the .2 is the real deal. Edit: “LE” = I meant Limited

I say look into the haikelight mt07s buffalo with code it’s 55, has 800 yards of throw and 5000 lumens. And it holds those 5000 lumens until the batteries are dead. Since it is a 4 series driver the voltage never drops low enough to not provide the 70.2 with enough current.

It has thermal regulation that can be disabled easily and when you disconnect the batteries it resets. So if you let someone borrow the light just break battery contact if you turned the thermal regulation off.

I know it’s not the l6 or q8. But it’s in your price range. I have all 3 lights and this haikelite really impressed me. Very easy ui. And Texasace sells drivers to bump it up to 9000 lumens if you wish with ramping firmware.

That Haikelight mt07 look nice I will check it but where can I find the code ?

Go on m4dm4x.com and register there.

You’ll find the code there.

Code is here no register needed

Double post edit