Convoy lights

Convoy 4x18A

I made a list of the current ones. Well, most of them anyway.

Thanks dave :+1: :crown:

Good work Dave, Thank You.

A few additions:

• M series is similar in size to P60-using lights like the Surefire 6P.
    • The M1 has a lot of cooling fins for its size. It can run warm better than most torches its size.
    • The M2 has very poor waterproofing and the bezel is stainless steel.

Could you please explain what it is about the M2 that gives it "poor" waterproofing? Did you receive one without o-rings? Just curious.

Nice work dave1010, thank you!! :white_check_mark:

Wow, this is a better description than Simon’s.

The fault with the M2 is that the crenelated bezel’s threading is on the inside of the head. This way, the bezel touches the lens directly, with no o-ring inbetween to keep water out of the head assembly. The one single o-ring in the head sits between the lens and the reflector and only serves as a buffer to keep both in place, mostly to prevent lens rattle.

Contrast the M1 and C8, whose bezel threadings are on the outside and the o-ring sits between the inner lip of the bezel and the glass lens. This makes for a nice waterproof seal.

Thanks! Updated.

Good compilation, Dave!

Probably not so required to include in your list…

I seem to recall seeing mention of an early Convoy model called the X3. I’ve not much idea how it looks like (probably like a C8?)

There’s also the BD01 and BD06 (I remember seeing them listed in Convoy’s site when I started buying from Convoy’s AliExpress store about 2 or 3 years ago, I’m not sure if those models are still available)

Also an L4 (in between the size of L2 and L6?) which I remember seeing listed in Convoy AliExpress store too before.

I recall seeing a 1xAAA Convoy flashlight in Convoy’s store before too, but I can’t remember the model name…

Dave, just happened to browse your Convoy models naming webpage.

The BD04 model lists “side-switch” — the BD04 uses a tail-switch.

picture shows the BD04 and the proprietary charging (which is plugged on top of the tailswitch to charge)

I have the BD003 and it is exactly the same charging setup.

Old Convoy driver with 7135 was total crap.

Thanks, I’ll update the list.

That’s a very interesting mechanism.