Convoy M1 Reflector

Is there a smooth reflector available for the Convoy M1 ?

I’ve searched past threads and the latest one asking same question is about 18 months ago or so. So I was wondering if anything had changed in that time that I don’t know about……… I can’t find one even close to the size the M1 requires.

Thanks in advance for any help, advice, or tips.

Not that I know of, but the stock OP reflector throws pretty well.

I agree with that, but I’m wanting to see what it would do with a smooth reflector.
I’m thinking it might be kinda’ awesome…… :slight_smile:

The trustfire A8 has a smooth reflector that is close but a little smaller. 24.43mm ID, 21.40mm depth for the A8. 27mm ID, 23mm depth for the M1.

My m1 host just can me in Friday, I was surprised how similar in size it is to my m2, I will be putting an xpl hi in it with mtn fet driver when my delivery from rmm comes in Monday, at a quick glance it looks like m2 reflector is deeper?

The first thing I thought when I turned on the m1 was that it could use a different reflector. But I haven’t found one either.

I thought the same thing when I just looked, but I measured them and the M2 reflector is 1mm shorter. I guess it is an optical illusion since the M2 reflector is narrower.

I found this one on kaidomain http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S024651 but it is a bit to long.
And since the M1 reflector is borderline to long to begin with…. when the MCPCB is installed, [especially with Adapter / Spacer or Butterfly Emitter Spacer / Insulator] I don’t think it would work.

The search continues…………… :wink:

I’m also interested in this but I haven’t done any proper searching for one yet. Subscribing to thread hoping there is one out there that works.

Convoy M1 with 30mm MTG2 optic.

I just received some SMO reflectors from Kaidomain meant for the M1. It’s going to take some file work but I think they will fit.

Here

I’ve got an m1 and an mtg2 sitting together on my work bench. I’ve been debating on whether it is worth mating the two. How do you like the mtg2 in the m1? What is your one word description of the light?

I love it. It’s one of my all time favorites. Small light, big flood.

TIR better that reflector?

I never tried the reflector, but I would assume so. Once you stick an mtg2 into that reflector, there’s not much room left to reflect. Others have used it with the M1 reflector though.

Do you have a link to that optic? Looks like something I’d like to try.

I can’t find it for under $10 shipped. Mouser and digitech have it for under $5 so I may just wait till I need to put in an order to one of those places. That could be a while though…

Let me know if you find a cheaper source

Carlco MTG optic link

Convoy M1 with MTG optic thread