Convoy M3-C Switch not working. Ideas?

My brother’s M3-C will not turn off. It’s a 70.2 model purchased February of last year directly from Simon’s Aliexpress store. My brother said he was using it in his bedroom and it randomly stopped switching off.

My first thought is that the switch died. Are there any other possible culprits?

1 Thank

If the battery is disconnected (by turning the tailcap) and plugged back in, and it comes on immediately then it might have a short in the driver.

3 Thanks

That’s what it’s doing alright. It comes on as soon as the tailcap is tightened again. Maybe Simon will provide a new driver since it isn’t very old.

Otherwise it looks like new ones only cost $10

Thanks!

1 Thank

Simon might also be able to send just the head of the light, since soldering the button wires can be tricky.

1 Thank

Thanks for the tip, I don’t have any experience modding lights yet and a light given as a gift is probably not the best place to start.

I intended to place an order with Simon anyway–that should soften the blow a bit since he can just bundle it in with the rest.

3 Thanks

It could be a short.ENEDED - #998 by silicoon

1 Thank

Is there a more direct line of communication to get in touch with Simon? I messaged him through the Aliexpress message center but my messages show as unread still. They were sent last night at around 8pm.

1 Thank

@Simon_Mao

2 Thanks

You need to account for the time difference, and that he is probably busy conducting business. You are not dealing with a big call center type of setup. BTW, he has never failed to respond to me given enough time. I usually give him a few days before I begin worry. But yes, you can also PM him here.

1 Thank

I know about the time difference. My message would have arrived at around 10am their time. Since it was not read it occurred to me that there might be a preferred method of communication–an official email like Hank/Emisar has. The reason I’m in a hurry is because I’m delaying an order I planned to make until I can communicate with Simon about the replacement parts.

1 Thank

Is it stuck on high?
I would check the driver retaining ring and the wires where they come through the holes in the led board. A little jiggle could tip you off to the location of the problem.

2 Thanks

Hello, you can leave me a message directly through AliExpress.
If you have the tools and experience to replace the driver circuit, I will send the corresponding accessories.
If you have no experience in this area, I can also send you a new flashlight or a refund.

4 Thanks

Dang - now that’s some great customer service!!! :+1:

Thanks for getting back to me. Actually you have already helped me on Aliexpress. I should have updated this topic to reflect that.

Thanks you for your awesome customer service!