Convoy s

I skimmed the thread just so I could say that you’ve got both feet firmly planted in the wrong places based on your stated goals. Why don’t you (zoom zoom) fill us in on your requirements such as:

• size
  • budget
  • runtime
  • range / beam width

To answer some of the stuff from your OP in my own way:

• XHP50 is a bad idea for a thrower. It is probably only appropriate for multi-LED multi-cell flooders. EDIT: it is a bad idea because it’s a multi-die emitter with a large surface area and a low surface brightness. The multi-die aspect ensures an ugly beam when tightly focused (cross / plus / ‘x’ / donut in the beam). The size/shape of the light emitting area can only give a broad beam with limited penetration.
  • Tube lights are bad ideas for throwers. Achieving high efficiency and good focus is easier with a larger reflector.

LED suggestions have already been made. If Convoy is what you want please look at the Convoy C8: New Convoy C8 on sale ,hope you love it

For more information on the potential problems of using the XHP50 or XHP70 look into the problems that were previously experienced using the SSC P7.

For more information on how “throw” works please refer to this: DrJones - Flashlight Optics - Dome, Dedoming and Throw.