Convoy S2+ Battery

Hi BLF,

I’ve recently ordered Convoy S2+ Blue for a friend and now I need to order battery and charger for him (first led light for him).
For charger I might get him XTAR SV2 Rocket and KeepPower 18650 3500mAh battery.
My only concern is that KeepPower 3500mAh battery might not fit in Convoy S2+ Blue.

I do have Convoy S2+ Red and my old EagleTac 3400mAh batteries fit just fine but I read somewhere that KeepPower 3500mAh is too big for Convoy S2+.

Can somebody confirm if KeepPower 3500mAh battery will fit in Convoy S2+ Blue?

Thanks in advance…

I don’t personally own a KeepPower 3500mah but the S2+ generally fits mosts protected and unprotected cells.

I thought so too but I read somewhere (I cannot find that post) that outside diameter of KeepPower is big for S2+ so its a tight fit.

For me unprotected are fine but my friend is non flashaholic and protected battery is a must.
No much protected battery choices from Nkon right now :frowning:

This review says the outside diameter is 18.6mm. I don’t have calipers but can someone confirm that the inside diameter is > 18,6mm?

No caliper or S2+ lights with me at the moment but the fattest 18650 protected batteries I own don’t fit inside my Fenix PD-32 but drop right into all of my S2+ lights.
If anyone knows the dimensions of these he should be good.

Efest Protected 18650 3400mAh with Panasonic NCR18650B Li-ion Cell - with PCB

They look like they are both rewrapped pannys with a chip

EDIT: found a link to the place I got them that works, their measurements are 69.75mm x 18.57mm both +/- 0.5mm

If your friend isn’t a flashaholic or simply doesn’t want to deal with separate chargers why don’t you recommend one of those 18650s with a built in micro usb charge port. (Although idk if they will fit in the S2+ configuration you have)

Supposedly its about $14 w/ coupon code DSX2GTUB on amazon right now. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/42205

Some guy on ebay named vesture of blood (hmmm) lists the keeppower cells dimensions as 68.90mm (L) x 18.60 mm (D)

I think you’re fine.

My caliper says that the inside diameter of my S2+ is 18,94mm.

I’d say the unprotected cells are dine for him, the light has low voltage protection. The sv2 is a good charger and has protections I imagine he will take the battery from the light to charger and charger to light. And that charger sets him up pretty well for future lights to come. Unprotected cell much cheaper. The protected cell isn’t going to protect him from anything the light or charger won’t do. I can see protected cells if it was his first light and the batteries ran in series.

I believe having read (meaning I’m not sure) that Keeppower 3500 don’t fit in S2+. The Sanyo GA (inside the Keeppower) is fairly thick, so diameter seems to be a problem. I’m interested in this light and battery too, and recall being bummed that the battery is not going to fit. Again, I might be wrong…

There is more than one version of the Keeppower 3500mAh. The newer 2015 version is single wrapped, 18.6mm diameter, and thus should fit OK. My Blazar 3500mAh cell is 18.65 and fits in the S2+ with a little wriggle room left.

Make sure you have the short driver spring in your S2+ or the protected cell won’t fit lengthwise.

That’s good idea Jinx, I’ll consider getting this battery for myself :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your help, some very good info here.

I’ll probably buy Keeppower 3500mAh and report back here if it fits Convoy S2+

It’s a pleasure being part of this wonderful forum. BLF rocks! :+1:

I have a green S2+ and use a KeepPower 3500mAh in it. You have to peel off the adhesive label on the cell to make it fit (which is easily done), but other than that it works just fine.

Once again, make sure you have the short spring. The 6*7135 and the 8*7135’s have the short springs, the 4* have the long spring.

Wow… Thanks RobertB, don’t know how I missed that info.
I bought 8*7135 so that’s short spring.
According to Nkon listing they have KeepPower 3500mAh 2015 version. Single wrapped, 18.6mm diameter (thanks stephenk).

You should be good to go, enjoy :slight_smile: