Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

My tube light of choice is the S2, for 1 big reason, its reflector. I’m not sure why Simon don’t sell them with SMO reflectors. I build all my S2s with SMOs, AR glass, pocket clips, both XP-L & XP-G2. To me its a much better combination between flood and more throw. The S2+ is quite far from the S2 in terms of throw, specifically built with dedomed XP-G2 S4 - really a nice light.

I’ve built many of these S2s with flawless beam patterns, no rings at all. Furthermore not sure why Simon don’t like them. Herewith some specs on a built I did with a dedomed XP-G2 S4. Take note the light in the photos has an XP-L Hi in, the XP-G2 was not in my hands anymore at the time.

I’m not a fan of the S8’s looks. I’m with you on the better heat dissipation & more mass created by the fins, but aesthetically it does not do it for me. Mmm, difficult one. Also, the square bezel at the front… the same thing, does not look good, my perception again. Its a pity the S2+ does not take the longer reflector, not too mention the SMO long reflector which I prefer by far. And, another pity - the 18350 tubes does not fit the Convoys with the longer reflector.

If the S2+ came out with the longer SMO reflector and some AR glass standard, it would have been awesome. The 18350 option becomes an issue then, not enough space for the battery to fit, the light will probably have to be a bit longer to make this work. What can you ask for more, compact, nice combination of throw & flood, looks good, has great pocket clip options, can run it in a short version with an 18350 and then some AR glass… Not bad!