Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Any news when we can expect to have the new Rev.2 Biscotti driver’d, anodized switch’d, desert tan’d version available from Simon. I think I heard my laptop keyboard cry as I repeatedly refreshed his web page. :person_facepalming:

I thought biscotti used the regular 10Hz strobe. It has a compile option for a 2-speed “police” strobe though, which simply does 8 pulses at 16.6 Hz and 8 pulses at 8.3 Hz. It’s nothing fancy.

They both use a 33% duty cycle, to save a bit of power.

Thanks for the info. The original “faster than expected” Biscotti in my S2+ seem to have the 10Hz strobe running at double speed.

Bump: does anybody know or could anybody ask what bins are used in the current S2+ ?

Well you can say it’s nothing fancy but that’s not what my eyes tell me. :wink:

The “nothing fancy” 2 speed strobe is quite visually disturbing which is the only way a strobe can actually be effective. All the other strobes I’ve seen have never impressed me. Yours does, so I say thank you.

Edit:
BTW TK, I had to dig back through our PM trail but I found our conversation about this. You had a few bytes left so you were debating adding a couple more mode groups or upgrading the regular strobe to a 2-speed police strobe. You chose to go with the police strobe before you uploaded the file to your repository. :slight_smile:

FWIW, I merged all the updates between trunk and the Convoy branch, so they should be in sync now. I forgot to do that a few months ago when I updated biscotti, and forgot I gave it the police strobe instead of regular strobe. :slight_smile:

Life has been a little too interesting lately.

is this the correct version on BG ?

That one doesn’t have the rev.2 Biscotti. It uses the standard Convoy UI.

You can already order the new one through Ali though.

(I mean manually by writing a message)

My guess is that their listing is in error but I’ve asked Simon to confirm. The one at BG will have the black steel switch where the ones in Simon’s store should have a black anodized aluminum switch.

The new batch is in and in addition to the improved switch they now have the additional clip groove for the reverse clip mounting position. Simon said the listing should be live in the Convoy store in about 2 days.

Received my two sand-colored Convoy S2+.

The anodizing looks perfect. Truly a beautiful job with it. The extra time and effort Simon put in has really paid off.

That said, I do notice one thing I don’t like. It’s a personal pet peeve of mine. The texture of the anodizing on these lights is very dry and rough. It feels somewhat like holding a giant stick of chalk. Makes me want to rub a gallon of handcream into it to see if that changes the texture. To me it feels much more unpleasant to hold than the more common colored anodizing.

I wonder if this rough texture is unique to brown-colored anodizing. I have one other light with tan anodizing (Sunwayman T25C), and it also has the same unpleasant texture. Meanwhile, none of my lights with black, natural, clear or colored anodizing have this texture.

Man i am ordering this. look beautiful.

Think I’ll pick up one with Biscotti when it’s available.

would you mind sharing the link?

I should just add the Convoy new arrivals page to my homepage settings.

I’m contemplating just figuring out the message system and asking to be on a list, but I know Simon has his hands full.

…yeah, rub it in … I cound’t wait and ordered already… :blush: Maybe I’ll be able to load the new fw by myself …

I think you have a pretty good chance at happiness when you light arrives. :wink: I’m fairly certain it will have Biscotti. Banggood is likely mistaken in their listing. I don’t know if it will be rev 1 or 2 but either is quite enjoyable.

Edit: The listings are not in error. That was actually what they ordered. BG and probably also FT have the Desert Tan S2+ but with the old 3/5 driver. I guess that was their choice.

I ordered one from BangGood and it has standard Convoy 3/5 firmware.

edit - wait no I got it from FastTech.

I said earlier in the thread that I thought all the Desert Tan S2+ would have the Biscotti driver but I was wrong. Simon said that the 3/5 driver is still preferred by some of the big re-sellers in China. I only asked him about BG but apparently FT also ordered them with the old 3/5 driver.

If you want Biscotti you will need to order it from Simon’s Convoy store unless you have the ability to flash the firmware yourself.

LISTED ON SIMON’S STORE!!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/desert-tan-S2-flashlight-with-XPL-HI-led-inside-and-ar-coated-glass-biscotti-firmware/330416_32820745681.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.eSKcGI