Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Obi-wan K convoy next :student: ?

Since you’re obviously sleeping on the job and haven’t noticed yet I edited my sig again just for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, you are half correct. I noticed the change but since I am half asleep I couldn’t think of a funny reply, I am sure people are starting to wish there really was a “you’re not as funny as you think you are!” button on the bottom of my posts :confounded:
Looks like I may have found a new avatar though :sushi:

I hate to ruin a good derailing, hmm maybe I’ll move it across to another of your threads, but have you got any updates on the black switches?

Oh and grey short tubes are also now available :wink:

I am always looking for a good orange light also, I’ve bought a couple but they all look like faded red, anybody seen a real orange light?

and I have a tan Roche f12 and love it, it throws more than my sc62 and I use it every day, I am putting it in hiding now since I can find another one and afraid of losing it, it has the best beam I have ever used…………wish it didn’t have disco mode

Orange is something we’re looking into. I haven’t seen a proper orange at least the safety orange/hunter’s orange/blaze orange that most here seem to be looking for in anything but a cerakote color but we’re looking into it. Clear will definitely be cool and it is coming but no official date yet for the clear S2+. As far as the Roche F12 wouldn’t that be the same reflector as the S2? Smooth or OP reflector?

What was decided on the tail? Will this have a steel switch, or a nice squishy one? :slight_smile:

LOL. If we’re still talking about the Desert Tan I think it’s going to be black PVD coated stainless. He’s really taking his time with this one. The suspense is killing me. He’s determined to get the tan color right. He already has a sample of the black PVD coated switch but it was just the switch taken apart, not installed in a light so I didn’t bother posting the picture as it didn’t show what it will look like in the light.

The Funn bike parts company has nice orange anodizing color:

Looks a bit like copper i think this is more like orange

I don’t think i would eat an orange if it had that color! Looks more like tarnished copper or bronze to me…
Orange is used for emergency tools/equipments so that they can be found quickly even in the middle of a wreck. It is not intended to be ‘nice’ - just very visible even in faint light. Well… my 2cts on this matter. :wink:

Also waiting for that tan S2+ edition…

Weekly bump :slight_smile:

Couldn’t wait any longer and picked up a tan one recently myself. It’s a quality light, and looking forward to the Convoy version as well.
On the F12 (assuming it’s stock) you should be able to kill the disco mode by connecting the 4th star to the outer ring on the driver (conductive paint works great).
That should give you low/high only. The (slightly modded) beast:

That is not tan by any means but I like it a lot! Where did you get that? I’ve never seen that color. The Roche tan color is very gold looking where yours looks more a dark military green color AND with a blacked out bezel that is usually stainless, not to mention the nearly unheard of black laser engraved logo…
Who are you? Who sent you? As far as I knew Roche was no longer. Simon acquired and now manufactures several of the original Roche designs but I have not seen or heard of this light. Do tell. :money_mouth_face:

Yeah, the pic is a bit dark but it is more “flat dark earth” than a proper tan. I’d been on the hunt for once since seeing that particular shade previously (posted a pic somewhere near the beginning of this thread). I saw one while browsing fleabay recently and snatched it up. It was stock when I got it, and I did the bezel & engraving mods myself. The stainless bezel was simply torched to the desired color, which is a very dark bronze-ish. The engraving (previously bare white/aluminum) was treated with Aluma-Black. I’m diggin’ it… :beer:

Where did you purchase this Roche, the color is awesome, I’d like to buy one.

I have no idea what is going on in this thread. Once a week I click on page 1 to see if there is a pic in J-Dub’s 1st post where it says ‘’.

Every time someone posts here, I get so disappointed. :cry:

I know… I’m sorry. They’re having trouble getting the anodizing the way we want. I asked again for Simon to poke them with a stick and see what falls out.

Where do we get that dark green roche?! Looks awesome

The clear anodizing tease that you posted a while back would be nice.