Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

I think you have a pretty good chance at happiness when you light arrives. :wink: I’m fairly certain it will have Biscotti. Banggood is likely mistaken in their listing. I don’t know if it will be rev 1 or 2 but either is quite enjoyable.

Edit: The listings are not in error. That was actually what they ordered. BG and probably also FT have the Desert Tan S2+ but with the old 3/5 driver. I guess that was their choice.

I ordered one from BangGood and it has standard Convoy 3/5 firmware.

edit - wait no I got it from FastTech.

I said earlier in the thread that I thought all the Desert Tan S2+ would have the Biscotti driver but I was wrong. Simon said that the 3/5 driver is still preferred by some of the big re-sellers in China. I only asked him about BG but apparently FT also ordered them with the old 3/5 driver.

If you want Biscotti you will need to order it from Simon’s Convoy store unless you have the ability to flash the firmware yourself.

LISTED ON SIMON’S STORE!!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/desert-tan-S2-flashlight-with-XPL-HI-led-inside-and-ar-coated-glass-biscotti-firmware/330416_32820745681.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.eSKcGI

Jay, and I hope for the shorty tube to appear soon too!

Ordered! Finally! :smiley:

Thanks for your work on this J-Dub. Its been a loooong process.

Yeah it’s finally here! Emarkd, You’re welcome and heck yeah it has. Seems like forever but I’m quite please with the way it turned out. :sunglasses:
I’ll add the link to the OP.

I was gonna come here and post the link but I see I'm late haha

anyway https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/desert-tan-S2-flashlight-with-XPL-HI-led-inside-and-ar-coated-glass-biscotti-firmware/330416_32820745681.html

It's HERE!!!

All of this info has been added to the OP but here are the specifics:

• Cree XPL-HI emitter in your choice of cool, neutral or warm tint
  • DTP copper MCPCB
  • AR coated glass
  • Mirror finish smooth reflector (OP reflector optional)
  • Black detachable deep carry clip included
  • Clip grooves at head and tail
  • Updated driver with updated Biscotti firmware (Awesome strobe!)
  • Quality quick release lanyard

Emitter specifics:
XPL HI V2-1A 6500-7000K
XPL HI U6-3A 5000-5200K
XPL HI U6-4C 4200-4500K

Note: XM-L2 options are available by request for any who want to keep it old-school

Driver choices:
7135*3 output current 1050mA
7135*4 output current 1400mA
7135*6 output current 2100mA
7135*8 output current 2800mA

As usual Simon will give a 15% discount to any BLF members who ask.

Cheers!

How does the 15% discount work? I ordered often at Simon’s store but I never did that. Do you get money back?

You make order, but don’t pay it.
Than you contact seller and he adjusts price for you.

If you need better explanation, please tell me.

Thanks. You summed it up pretty nicely.

Make order?
Buy now takes me straight to payment.
Place in cart takes me straight to payment too.
“Review payment” gives me a option leave a message for seller when I make the payment.
Is that what you are saying?
:partying_face:

When it asks you to choose payment method it will give you option “other payment”. You choose that and after page loads you just don’t pay.
Then item will be in your orders list, not cart.
Then you can from your order click contact seller.

now that is a very good looking flashlight!
tempted to order it.

I wrote this up a long while back for copy paste purposes:

Welcome to BLF FPV. Glad you like it. I highly suggest giving in to temptation in this case. :wink:

You will not be disappointed.

Does the free holster offer still stand? Looks like there’s 10 orders on the light so far.

Certainly. Just add a note in your order and mention what I said. Simon will hook you up.

I highly recommend ordering the holster with any S2+ even if you didn’t make the first 20. It’s a really nice holster and very budget friendly. The holsters now have longer velcro on the flap so it even holds the 18350 shorty in place quite nicely.

This is the same holster. The one on top has a standard S2+ and on bottom has a shorty.

Is the switch anodized aluminum and not steel correct?