Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Of course you do. We all do.

And JDub, if Simon doubts the interest in this project you can show him this thread — 100 comments in less than 48 hours. I’d say there’s some interest.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I told him this one was going to be big. :sunglasses:

I thought it was pretty good too.

I forgot what the S2 looks like. :-x I like the looks of the S2+ better, just want a little throw. Of course these tube lights can never compete with lights which have larger diameter reflectors but I’d like to have as much as we can get out of them.
Is the S2 reflector ringy at all?

I actually laughed out loud :nerd_face: but I’m easily amused

This color combination sounds very appealing.I have the S2+ shorty and like it,as there aren´t many budget flashlights of this size to choose from.The longer S2+ doesn´t look so nice in my opinion.

What I would like to see is something like “S3 metallic switch desert Tan/Black edition”.With another optic/reflector for some more throw,Xpl Hi 4C maybe and deep pocket clip ofcourse…

Btw,I almost ordered BD03…

Those colors in post #57 are perfect !

OH yeah! Polished to a high-glint shine and colored high-impact super-saturated Hello ORANGE!

I’m with you on that!

In fact………… BRB…

If we end up with white lettering it will dirty up quick enough to not be visible. Black o-rings are what I was hoping for…

I finally get the S2+ tan thread I have been asking for and I start talking about other models, go figure. From comments in another thread I thought the M2 had better throw than the M1 despite being narrower.

Back to the S2+, it sounds like you have covered all the important visual aspects and with the possible AR lens, the hard part is the waiting.

That’s definitely not the case. EDIT: Please see post #98 for an idea of how white markings on the light color will look. Subtle, but not getting dirty / invisible anytime soon.

I’ll have to let someone else comment on the S2 as I don’t yet have one though at some point I certainly will. I agree with you about throw from large diameter reflectors being superior yet I have also seen quite impressive throw from narrow reflectors that are exceptionally deep. The Hugsby XP-1 fitted with the XP-2 head running on a 10440 showed me this. I had never before seen true throw from a light that small. The Thorfire PF04 also has respectable throw considering the AAA form factor, when it works. I am well outclassed in my knowledge of these things by many here but still the shape and depth of the reflector and emitter focus are not given enough diligence in small form-factor lights IMHO. The ultra budget Hugsby proved this to me and it is powered by an old Trustfire flame protected 10440 as it is the only lithium cell I have that would work since it requires a button top.

plz go for black lettering if possible.
it will be much better than white.

So does anyone like the s2 or others with the the throwier reflector

Simon needs to look at the Cerakote colors. Performance Coatings | Shop Cerakote Series

I still really want to see one in dark purple! May try the tan though.

The white lettering on my grey S2+ has dirtied up and is now a light grey-brown colour. If the lettering on the tan version does the same thing it won’t be invisible but it will be far less visible than white.

My friend mapache,
First of all there is no need to scold yourself. This is BLF! :slight_smile: I don’t think we can even count at this point how many wonderful things have happened here as a result of a conversation that got off track. Second, I need to clarify that my statement of the M1 having better throw is also based on others comments. I personally only have the M2 and I bought it as a host and it was a custom build. When I was looking, I asked a few people here and was told the M1 had a bit more throw but not that much and I was looking for more of an EDC and liked the stainless bezel so the aesthetics and slightly smaller head made the decision for me. Since then I’ve heard so many great things about the M1 that I want to own one but I don’t yet have one. I haven’t yet had any of my Convoy white logos get noticeably dirty but I’m more office guy than survivalist so if you’ve had a different experience please share. Cheers brother! :beer:

Edit: I seriously type too slow. you answered my question about the lettering in your post just above mine. :-x

:beer: I’m a fan of dark purple too. I’d like a nice blueish purple. Or at least not a purple which is leaning toward the red side.

I hear you but I think the Cerakote process is too expensive for a budget light as far as I know. Still it is the only way I can think of to truly get the safety orange color people are asking for. There is some bright orange anodizing that looks great in my opinion but it is not the ultra bright color I think people are requesting. Take a look at this example from ReManG’s A01 group buy. I think that’s the closest I’ve seen in anodizing. Personally I think it looks great but people keep asking for a safety orange type color which this is not. Thoughts?

Interesting. I’ve been EDCing a gold Roche F12 for a while… the markings still look like new. I’ve never seen laser markings in anodized aluminum get dirty the way you describe. FWIW I don’t think that I’ve EDC’d a grey flashlight though.

I Agree with this
I always thought the s8 looked cheesy, too much “space age” stuff and sharp edges going on there.

I totally agree with this
The s6 is also my favorite tube light. yes plain jane but IMO much more classy compared to the s8 and the others.
Plus it has the deeper (S2 / S5 / S6 / S7 / S8) reflector. I wish the knurling was a bit more aggressive though.

^Also agree, this bothered me too^

Thinking about this now and I just tried something, I put the scalloped tailcap from my red s2+ on the s6 and it fits and works! Lego!
Although since its not fully knurled it takes away from the style of the light, and I’m not sure if the color of a black s2+ tailcap would match if its not the same shade of black. I have thought about scalloping it myself with a carbide rotary burr.

I’m thinking now I would love a desert tan matte s6! Please!
With its fully knurled design it would look something like emarkd’s cerakoated HDS Systems flashlight

I guess if you do the white lettering, I will have to do the “dirt mod”…

I suspect it isn’t related to the colour of the anodizing. I work outdoors and my gear gets rather dirty at times, generally just dirt but fuel and oils aren’t uncommon. The lettering will clean up with alcohol but still doesn’t look like its new.