Convoy S2 - help me understand some terminology

Dave, if you want to have your cake and eat it too…look into a LD1 driver. It is super efficient in the lower modes, yet on high can output up to 5 amps. It is expensive but well worth it in my opinion. It can help replace many lights because if you put this in your chosen EDC, you can have a light that can be bright and super efficient all in same light.

Don’t worry, you’ll like your light. The biggest problem with the Convoy lights is that they’re like eating cashews - you always want just one more. I truly believe they (All of them!) are the best value for price on the market today.
But you might as well start studying soldering irons and emitters and drivers, because you’ll be digging around in the ‘guts’ before you know it. :slight_smile:
Don’t say you weren’t warned. These things are so addictive they should come with a Surgeon Generals warning label.

Getting my feet wet

Funny you posted this, I just started this thread this morning :slight_smile:

Specifically to get good tips like above:

Since I don’t know much at all about modding a flashlight I figure the best way is to ask the pros. This way I can find out good sources for parts, tip and tricks etc in addition to the info I’m gathering by reading various threads.

Here we go…:wink:

Where are good sources for things like this? I want to know who you guys trust and purchase from.

When I do that…that’s usually how the fight started :stuck_out_tongue:

LD1 is a selfemade driver from “within the lines of BLF” led4power

I got 2 for my BLF X6 HIGHLY recommendet.

Sold AFAIK only here: FS: LD-1 driver (5Amp pwm-less linear)-SOLD

There’s a wonderful description here of the difference between what we can measure and what we actually see:

http://www.hort.net/lists/spaceagerobin/jul05/msg00008.html