convoy s2+ T6-3B 7135*4 anywhere? Or something else for bike?

Hi,
While I wait for group buy for BLF A6 here… :slight_smile:
I wanted to purchase something mainly for bike rides.
After some reading I decided go with s2+ 3B led and *4 driver, ordered at dhgate, sent customization request to seller (as he offered in description)… and today got message that customizations are made only for large quantity.

Is there a site I can buy T6-3B and *4 driver “out of the box”?

And if not, then is there better flashlight than not customized, stock version of s2+?
(I don’t want to order custom driver/led and play with it, just order, attach to bike and ride. at least for now. :wink: )

any advice, directions I should take? :wink:

Here you can LEGO your own flashlight, including the one you’re after :bigsmile:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Convoy-S2-Red-Cree-XML2-U2-1A-EDC-LED-Flashlight-torch-lantern-self-defense-camping-light/330416_32252638688.html

Other colour/other size is also possible.

I attached an Acebeam K40M to my bike hehe

Shenzhen Convoy Electronics Co., Ltd.
Yeah, they say that…
I even paid for these customizations: Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

and they told me not for 1 quantity. :wink:

But I heard banggood offers, sent question to their seller…

Fasttech

https://m.fasttech.com/p/1826703

GearBest has promotion for red Convoy S2+ / T6 - 4C / 2.8A (7135 x 8).
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_154256.html
Price is 12.99$ Promo ends in 30 minutes :open_mouth:
It’s great value for such a nice light…

god damn, I’m too late. :smiley:

I also use flashlights for MTB. As posted above, you can choose from every possible combination at FT but
unfor not as cheap as the GB promotion for $12.99 (I also got one). Maybe you can post on that thread and ask
Gearbest to continue the promotion.

But def get the 7135*8 (2800mA) model, why settle for less?

I use and like the Fenix ALB-10 bar mount ($15), velcro straps for a tube light on the helmet.

I have also option to buy locally flashlight mod:

1. s2+ some electronic/wire fixes, new glass
  2. s2+ tube with new driver and 3 leds XP-G2 S3 3C
  3. s2+ tube with new driver and 3 leds NVSL219B CRI92

2 and 3 more expensive, but I could have them in a 2-3 days, so… I could add some $ :wink:

do you have any opinion on 2 and 3 option? 3 leds?

Bought one S2+ red, thinking about getting another one, but only if they extend promotion!

Even better, if they source the blue one :D!

Weren - I’m far from having a clue on modding lights but I have a SolarForce L2P that was modded w/
quad XP-G2 and then rebuilt w/ quad XP-Ls.

The quad XP-L light makes about 50% more output but at a higher current. I think the smallish reflector
on the L2P limits its output and likely the same with the S2/S2+…

Pls describe the type of riding you do.

Well, me too :wink: But actually I wanted to ask for opinion regarding: 1 x T6 led vs 3 x XP-G2 S3 3C vs 3 x Nichia NVSL219B CRI92.
It’s hard to find all of them in comparison :wink:

Uh. that’s hard. 70% city, 30% offroad, something like that.

I just ordered s2, $13 is so little that if I found better s2 can land in my car or house. :slight_smile:
Still curious about the 3 x … leds how they can behave.

I may be totally wrong about your lightning needs since only ride MTB.

But I use a very floody bar light (I use DC Fix Sand diffusion film, but lots of alternatives) with 180* of dispersion so I can see directly under my front tires (so I don’t run over critters or rattlesnakes) and on either sides. A throwy helmet light for the faster downhill runs as well as 180* switchbacks (turns).

I haven’t used the S2+ but have lights w/ similar outputs and I’ve tried them on both the bar and helmet, with and without diffusion. I’ve also used a quad on the bar and triple on the helmet. More output but def less run time, I switch to lower levels for the slow climbs, higher levels for the descends. My typical night ride is about 90’ and I haven’t had the need to swap batteries altho I always carry spares.

I think the S2+ will give you a good idea to start before you get more lights. I’m also on the group buy for the A6, I think it might make a good helmet light for me. I’ve often used the EE X6 XM-L2, modded to make about 1500 lumens, as my helmet light. It has plenty of throw. The A6 would be slightly smaller, lighter and should be floodier and less throwy than the X6.

Just some numbers to compare…

my modded L2P:

- w/ quad XP-G2 1970 lumens at 9.65A

• w/ quad XP-L 2840 lumens at 14.25A

my modded EE X6 triple XP-L 4000 lumens at 12.7A

My modded EE X6 single XM-L2 1500 lumens (don’t have the current will have to look it up).

Not a direct comparison but the larger head X6 XM-L2 throws a lot further than the quad L2P, makes the X6 more suitable as a helmet light for my use.

For me, none of my lights beam profiles are wide enough for my use as a bar light, I use either the wide-angle lens and/or DC Fix Sand to get 180* dispersion.

I think you should wait on the triple for now. Try out your S2+ then decide. Get the A6 to try. I’m sure the triple will still be there should you want it later, also avail elsewhere too. IMO, you prob need a larger head to get more output on a triple/quad.

I appreciate opinion anyway, while I’m not riding downhills, some off road MTB happens and most of my bike-joy comes from it. :wink:

180* dispersion… good to know. I was wondering why all photos/movies I see about some bike flashlights don’t have light under front tire.

Do you have any pictures? You must be like a christmas tree. :smiley:

I think the S2+ will give you a good idea to start before you get more lights. I’m also on the group buy for the A6, I think it might make a good helmet light for me. I’ve often used the EE X6 XM-L2, modded to make about 1500 lumens, as my helmet light. It has plenty of throw. The A6 would be slightly smaller, lighter and should be floodier and less throwy than the X6.

Yeah, you’re right. S2+ will arrive soon enough, I’ll play with it and see what I enjoy and/or what I miss there.
Then batch of A6s should be ready and after riding with that I’ll have some experience and opinion on the matter suited to my ride style and places. :slight_smile:

by “larger head” you mean some ready triple/quad construction like
?

btw something like this on picture you have on helmet?
Wired to batteries placed… where?

sorry I do not have any pics of my night riding… often times I’m among the slower in the riding group and I hardly can keep the pace, just try my best to make sure I’m in front of at least 1 rider so that I’m not mountain lion bait. So I don’t have the luxury of time to think about taking pics, I need to breath first. It’s amazing that when I’m near the tail end, I usually get an extra shot of energy :slight_smile:

I only have/use hand-held flashlights, self-contained, no external battery packs. The S2+ is a tube light, the X6 has a larger head. My multi-emitter lights are the triple XP-L Eagle Eye X6 and the quad XP-L Solarforce L2P. I’ll look up the thread for the X6 w/ beamshots which would be pretty similar to mine, but you should be able to see at least what the light bodies look like just by searching/googling for them.

I use 2 15” length velcro straps to secure a flashlight to the helmet. I have 2 helmets, one happens to have the cooling vents on top and center, perfect place for a flashlight, well balanced too. I’ve tried mounting on the other helmet, it also has a center cooling vent but it’s a bit too far forward so the weight distribution isn’t good nor can I elegantly prop the light up. If I ever need to buy another helmet, that will be a priority. If you think a pic of my helmet/light would be useful, I’ll take pics tonight.

Here is the thread for many highly modded X6s, including mine:

Coupon "S2490" | @$12.99 is still active. NON-AFF