Convoy S3 advice needed

Only two things come to mind

First is: http://www.banggood.com/Convoy-S3-7135+8-3-or-5-Modes-2Groups-LED-Flashlight-18650-p-908984.html

.....but you will have to deal with the low blink if you want a Convoy but at that money who cares..change the driver later.

Second is: http://www.banggood.com/Eagle-Eyes-A6-CREE-XP-L-800LM-4Modes-EDC-LED-Flashlight-18650-p-962553.html

...4 modes and no low blink and this is a quality light.

If you are in a hurry just choose a quicker shipping option. The thing to remember is budget takes time and quick costs but depending on "wants" it is usually worth it whatever one chooses.

Well said Bugsy36. I know this of course but I’m fighting an internal battle between my budget and my “wants”. Thanks for the links. I had not heard of the Eagle Eyes A6. At a glance I thought it was nice but it was an XM-L when I was really looking for an XM-L2. I did a double take when I re-read and realized that it was an XP-L! Now I am really torn. Of course I had to look for reviews on the light and found the link to the BLF version of this light. I’m in for 1 by the way. :bigsmile: I see why you jumped on a soapbox for this one. Well done. I can’t wait until that all gets worked out. Killer Flashlight. Until then if I ordered one of the standard version are they doing a decent job with shipping times? I’m also wondering what the beam profile is like on the A6 compared to the S3. With all the positives on the A6 like stock AR coated glass a nice 4-mode driver and an XP-L, I’m having a hard time going back to thinking about the S3…

I do not have an S3 but it is somewhat narrower than the S2 or S6 (essentially the same). Shipping time has been decent...maybe 3 weeks to Florida. EE definitely has quality and for the $20 you get a lot of light even in stock form.

Thanks. That helps a bit. I was actually going for the S3 because it’s floody but bright and supposed to have little hotspot so a very smooth overall beam. I have throwers already so I’m looking for a nice bright flood with some range of course. It definitely looks like one heck of a light for the money. That XP-L and AR coated glass are things I’ve not seen in this price range so I’m still on the fence. I just started another thread about it because I can’t find anyone else who has one! Any idea when the special edition might be available? I’m all in on that one!

Well the more flood the less throw. It isn't like the an X6 or a C8. To me it is a very good all-around EDC light but that's my opinion. In reality it is a sub $20 light with XPL, AR glass, and four modes with no low level blink. I am not taking anything away from Convoy just that this is a better buy. Somewhere there is a review from DBCstm (Dale). It may be inn the BLF A6 thread or it could be its own - I do not remember.

In regards to your question about the readiness of the BLF A6...I do not know. We are still waiting for the completion of the driver and production samples. After that, if the driver is made to spec, it will be ready relatively quickly.