【convoy】Golden S3 available now

convoy sells (resells?) this one—aaa, not 10440.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2251832544191765.html

How and where can I buy this?

I have a Fenix E01 v2.0 that I modded to a 519A 5000K and I am really happy about it. If you can get one and are comfortable of modding it’s a good option. The pill is glued but it can be disassembled by dipping the head in hot water for a couple of minutes and then the pill screws out.

Any way to make that a clicky?

Did you consider my input about 2T Turbo on drivers for mechanical switch lights?

1 Thank

LMP LML2AW. DC 3000K / 4000K - 3A or 5A?

3 Thanks

@Simon_Mao how about a more powerful driver for the T2/T3? 2.5A or 3A should be OK for heat since they are bigger than other 14500 lights.

(Apologies for asking the same question many times, just curious to know the answer :grinning:.
Ti T3 with CSLNM1.TG looks great by the way!)

2 Thanks

Pretty sure you can get a h17fx with fet in there

You give up NiMH support though. The T3 has a 17mm driver which allows for tons of options. But some still wish for a more powerful driver with NiMH support.

2 Thanks

Gotcha, dual fuel is always great to have on hand. Regulated driver would be nice too given the capacity

Hi! A few questions again. Is 5A normal current for 519A? Driver Biscotti is the one with 10 clicks to configure? I want to buy a backlit button, there is a driver with 12 modes and 20 presses for setting - will it work?

3V 5a driver works great for 519a. I suggest the 12 group driver

1 Thank

The new L21B with Green Getian led (5050):

IMG_20231030_165225

8 Thanks

Maybe I can provide you with the driving circuit for DIY.

8 Thanks

That would be incredible!

Thank you for considering this request!

Convoy is excellent for DIY, but I believe there is a much larger market for purchasing finished lights than for swapping drivers after purchase. T3 (and T2) has so many variations available now (copper, MAO, red light, CSLNM1, UV, 2700k-5700k 519a, 219b) that I consider it to be an almost perfect semi-custom 14500 light.

But it doesn’t seem competitive (for non-DIY) with the S2+/S6 in 18350 format due to the big difference in power for the stock configuration (1.5 amps vs. 5 amps). So my hope would be that a slight increase in li-ion power (2.5 amps) would lead to many more sales while keeping good heat management.

But I also understand that you need to consider the number of variants you can stock to serve the most common use cases for customers. And if keeping lower power on 14500 is necessary to maintain AA compatibility then maybe this change wouldn’t make sense for your business.

Whatever you decide, I’ll still be ordering a few more T3’s :handshake:

1 Thank

I’m hoping the 3000K will become an option for the entire range of SFT40 torches.

8 Thanks

Just for fun I put an 18500 cell in Convoy S2+ only with the empty head, tube and tails (with switch and spring) and the battery top is above the limit of the threads.

This means that to use an 18500 in a S2+, you need to have minimal threads on the pill and very short springs (or even buttons) both in the driver and in the switch. Even that way, I am not sure if it will fit and work without damaging the cell or the driver and switch due to the pressure.

If you want some inspiration you caan check these posts and threads:

g_damian:

CRX:

Firelight2:

MascaratumB:

There were some old posts from comfychair but I can’t find them :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Thank

It can definitely work. I made one for our son. I don’t trust him with lithium ions so I used a T3 driver powered by an aa eneloop. I didn’t modify any springs. It’s a tight fit but there are no problems.

@Simon_Mao Are you still going to release the Sofirn HS20 style headlamp?

2 Thanks