【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

The new L21B with Green Getian led (5050):

IMG_20231030_165225

8 Thanks

Maybe I can provide you with the driving circuit for DIY.

8 Thanks

That would be incredible!

Thank you for considering this request!

Convoy is excellent for DIY, but I believe there is a much larger market for purchasing finished lights than for swapping drivers after purchase. T3 (and T2) has so many variations available now (copper, MAO, red light, CSLNM1, UV, 2700k-5700k 519a, 219b) that I consider it to be an almost perfect semi-custom 14500 light.

But it doesn’t seem competitive (for non-DIY) with the S2+/S6 in 18350 format due to the big difference in power for the stock configuration (1.5 amps vs. 5 amps). So my hope would be that a slight increase in li-ion power (2.5 amps) would lead to many more sales while keeping good heat management.

But I also understand that you need to consider the number of variants you can stock to serve the most common use cases for customers. And if keeping lower power on 14500 is necessary to maintain AA compatibility then maybe this change wouldn’t make sense for your business.

Whatever you decide, I’ll still be ordering a few more T3’s :handshake:

1 Thank

I’m hoping the 3000K will become an option for the entire range of SFT40 torches.

8 Thanks

Just for fun I put an 18500 cell in Convoy S2+ only with the empty head, tube and tails (with switch and spring) and the battery top is above the limit of the threads.

This means that to use an 18500 in a S2+, you need to have minimal threads on the pill and very short springs (or even buttons) both in the driver and in the switch. Even that way, I am not sure if it will fit and work without damaging the cell or the driver and switch due to the pressure.

If you want some inspiration you caan check these posts and threads:

g_damian:

CRX:

Firelight2:

MascaratumB:

There were some old posts from comfychair but I can’t find them :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Thank

It can definitely work. I made one for our son. I don’t trust him with lithium ions so I used a T3 driver powered by an aa eneloop. I didn’t modify any springs. It’s a tight fit but there are no problems.

@Simon_Mao Are you still going to release the Sofirn HS20 style headlamp?

2 Thanks

And much more competition.

You wouldn’t say,“Ferrari is excellent for race tracks, but there’s a much larger market for a fuel efficient family sedan.” and recommend they try to make a better Toyota than Toyota.

My bad, I skimmed past some key bits of context at the start of this conversation. The above is still true of course but it’s not analogous to what you’re saying here. This is a completely different situation.

Sounds like a good analogy in theory, however reality is quite different. The vast majority of Convoy’s revenue and sales are from their completed lights, with the sales (and most likely profit margin) on flashlights completely eclipsing the revenue that DIY parts generate. Simon or others may correct me on that.

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love the fact that Convoy cater to the DIY market by selling all their drivers and LED’s separately, it’s a huge gamechanger and very few manufacturers do this.

4 Thanks

Edited

The model has been designed, and the next step is to design the driver.

23 Thanks

12*519A sample , 54A FET driver inside,
At room temperature of 25 degrees Celsius, the maximum surface temperature of the flashlight rises to 75 degrees Celsius

16 Thanks

Thank you so much for designing this at my request. Looks good, I like how it will use dual switches. I’m looking forward to selling it in my store.

What LEDs will if first come with? We first spoke about an SFT40 & SST20 DR 660nm for hunting. If it’s not that, it’s okay, but I would appreciate those LEDs in the future. I need a good hunting headlamp :slight_smile: with a reflector used on both LEDs for maximum range.

Is that going to be the H4?
No offense, but it looks kinda large and heavy even if it runs on an 18650. :thinking:

1 Thank

Choosing LED models for this headlamp, I don’t think we had an obstacle in this regard. :grinning:

3 Thanks

It could be that the angle of the shot makes it look big.

1 Thank

Yeah, I hope I’m wrong, but I’m feeling better about choosing the H3 at this point. :+1:

That looks awesome. Glad to see dual switches too. Will it have reflectors or TIR? I hope optional leds are available. I don’t always need a red LED, so a high cri floody led maybe the LMP one, and a high cri throwy led like the round die one, would be nice to have. If you can, a buck driver option would also be great for at least one of the leds. Look forward to it.

1 Thank