【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

It kinda pushes them pretty hard. My guess is that Simon goes for reliability over maximum power; same way that car manufacturers detune engines so they’re reliable. Makes sense; I’m just glad there’s a way we can do that if we want.

Different sense voltage on the 6A drivers (0.06v instead of 0.05v).

I’m not sure what size is on that driver though; I’ve got some coming but they’re not here yet. Someone else may be able to enlighten.

pls tell me the order number in PM ,my friend

If you have such a requirement, I can replace the spring for you before shipping.

Because no good factory was found before, or the flashlight did not use a particularly large current, it will take some time to completely replace the spring.

… a sense voltage of 0.05V.

2512 imperial? Wrong size.

∅22/20/17mm driver pictures can be found here (NTC resistor or temperature protection removal thread):

The ∅17 and ∅20mm drivers use a 1210 imperial size sense resistor (3.048 × 2.54mm theoretically). The ∅22mm driver uses a bigger chip resistor, and can be clearly seen that it must be a 2010 imperial (a 2512 looks like it would fit, though).

Sorry Barkuti, was typing on my phone while doing the shopping :slight_smile: daughter going crazy so I was bound to make some mistakes. I’ll go edit it now so it’s accurate for future reference.

Simon, any chance to purchase the springs alone?

And so it is. I never said otherwise.

Please stick to what I said. These pictures are not my pictures, and the reason I linked them is because they clearly show the relative size and location of the sense resistors. Period.

Note what I said above. I've only seen ∅17mm drivers, they use 1210 imperial size resistors; the ∅20mm driver looks to use the same size. The ∅22mm driver looks like it uses a bigger resistor, 2010 imperial I'd say.

I never said you need to remove thermal throttling. Me and others do, but if you feel better leaving thermal control then do so.

Everything is crystal clear. What has been said: swap the sense resistor stack. Decide what maximum current do you want, and then calculate the required sense resistor value.

Not to seem like Mr Glass Half Empty, but if you’re not at least reasonably sure what to do (and why), you probably don’t want to monkey with a light unless you’re willing to take the risk of ruining it.

Okay everyone, stop, no more attacks. It doesn’t get anything resolved.

Musaka, Barkuti referenced a thread where the thermal sensor was discussed, but in that thread were measurements for the other resistor, the one that controls current. On the 17 and 20mm drivers they’re 1210, and on the 22mm (which is the one I currently have and have tested on), it’s the 2010.

Hope that clears everything up, and let’s all move on without any more name calling.

Now look what you did Barkuti, your warm welcome has made the new member disappear.

That’s totally NOT the BLF spirit!

Yokiamy, calm down; I did what it had to be done, report sb56637 what was happening. This was a good deal of hours ago, when Musaka Despa started blatantly trolling on me (again). I never insulted him, he was lying. And in case any of you is wondering why do I say “again”, is because Musaka Despa is the same guy who started misbehaving in this same thread two weeks ago under the nickname Bison Jack (banned). So Musaka Despa was banned, again.

Nothing blocks him from re-registering a new account and coming back here. If it happens, good luck and deal with him.

I suspected as much. Be kind everyone :innocent:

Thanks for the explanation Barkuti :+1:

ok ,i add the link of spring here

Thanks. BTW, are these springs made from the same material?

Simon, what is the diameter of the 12 groups xhp70.2 driver for one cell ?
I either can’t see for looking, or its not on the product page.

Yes, they use the same material, and the quality of the coated spring will be better.

22mm