【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Here’s a picture Simon sent me of the 5000K XHP70.3 HI. Duv isn’t too bad at .00321.

2 Thanks

Anduril does a ton of stuff and often does it better, eg thermal regulation and low-voltage protection.
And a modern, Anduril-capable MCU like the AT1616 (which also has many other advantages, eg factory-calibrated temp sensor) costs less 5 pennies more than the Sonyx (see my post about that, earlier in another thread: Anduril Flashlight Reflash Reference - #19 by dmenezes).

EDIT: fixed typo (Sonix → Sonyx), added link to my previous post.

1 Thank

Sorry, but can you link me the post about Sonix? I am apparently not able to use this forum software yet (couldn’t find what you are referring to). :woozy_face:

But where are AT1616 5 pennies? It is like 0.60$ to 0.90$ everywhere I could find it in mass…

1 Thank

Is its driving circuit a T-type or a double-layer structure?

1 Thank

Simon, is your s21e sample driver 2 layers or 4 layers? maybe with 4 layers your driver manufacturer could find space to add some smalls vias to route to the requested flashing pads.( Using Atinny1616 )

1 Thank

Sure, here it is: Anduril Flashlight Reflash Reference - #19 by dmenezes

(and don’t feel bad about not being able to find it using the forum software, I myself was only able to find it via Google).

I meant it costs 5 pennies more than the Sonyx, please see the post I just linked.

1 Thank

I’m far from a flashlight electronics expert, but if you mean the AT1616, I think it’s totally agnostic re: the driving circuit, ie it would work with either of them.

Simon likely means the shape of the driver, if it use 2 boards assembled together in T shape, like the SP10 driver, or a single board, the TS10 uses a single board, with components on one side, some pictures from r/flashlight : https://www.reddit.com/gallery/vvx2sv
It uses an SOT-90 FET (same package as a 7135), whereas a higher power FET driver would probably uses a 3333 FET (still single sided) or 5060 (would need to be double sided), in any case there is largely enough space for flashing pads despite the very small size of the PCB, that said this is a FET+7135 driver so this isn’t very interesting.

5 Thanks

Does that hold when adding the usb-c charging circuit?

But ouch! It’s true, we are focused on helping Simon make a viable anduril. But with all the buck and boost drivers available now (like the one you designed), it also has become something we enthusiasts are looking for. The FET+7135 (even with anduril) is really what’s keeping something like s21e from becoming the king of recommendations.

Boom! Convoy S2+ Titanium.

I’ve waited so long for this to be available! It took 9 days to be delivered to the UK!

7 Thanks

Any beamshots???!!! :hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed:

What emitter did you get?

Not yet, it was light here when I received it, and i’m going to dedome it first.

1 Thank

519a 5700k, it will be dedomed tomorrow hopefully.

3 Thanks

+1 to that: I think right now the more important thing is for Simon to get that 1st Anduril flashlight of his out there.

I will buy one even if it’s not exactly as I want it, as a way to thank him for his efforts and as incentive to keep enhancing them – when he manages to get one with the ATTiny1616 and easily accessible flashing pads, I will buy a couple more – and when he adds an efficient buck/boost driver on top of that, that’s when I’m going to buy at least a half-dozen.

Baby steps, and all that --first Simon has to walk the Anduril path before he can run it.

5 Thanks

A real expert has spoken! :+1: Thanks for chiming in, I totally failed to understand what Simon was even asking, much less come up with a good answer :grinning:

The problem is that we’re talking about two possible implementations of your goal here:
1: Maintain anduril and standard hardware / firmware simultaneously, thus doubling the inventory of drivers.
2: Ensure standard UI runs at between 99.999% and 100+% reliability on new hardware versus standard hardware.

Dealers will notice if #2 is only at 99.99%. The QA can’t be trivial without hurting brand.

I have seen the datasheet of the micro that Simon uses and the atiny, both have two PWNs and both have the same I/O.

But the pibs don’t match so I couldn’t solder one directly but with jumpers in the air, but I don’t know the power circuit that either Simon or the others use.

It’s a pity not to use the same pinout we could do the tests.

1 Thank

Simon, any plans to make the XHP50.3 HI R9050 available in more models such as the M21B, L6, or L21B?

I just got my M21A 4000K version today and it’s great! Thank you.

L6? 5A current?