【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Looks very interesting, I’ll have questions when I have time to digest this.

I thought of replacing the sense resistor too, but still, is it constant current over the whole input voltage range 3-4.2V ? Saw that LD25 driver as well, but what advantages does it have over the 8x7135 drivers with such a steep price?

Absolutely agree - although I’d love to get a TIR or something to make the flat white work really well as a pencil in an S2+! Just couldn’t ever get the Convoy TIRs to sit properly :confused:

Also, would be nice if NW SST40s ever surface again…

Looks great, thanks, Simon!

Hi Simon,
seen your black L2 offering with XHP50.2. Would it be possible to order this one in silver with clear switch boot? I really like the look of my silver L6 and would pair it with his smaller brother/sister.
Could not find it at your shop.

It is a linear driver, this means constant current for as long as input voltage is high enough (minimum of emitter Vf plus regulation voltage drop plus electric conduction losses). For constant current over the whole input voltage range (which could be even wider, like 2.75 - 4.35V) you either need a boost driver driving higher Vf emitters or a buck-boost driver which, to the best of my knowledge, is still nowhere to be seen. A SEPIC buck boost topology could be used, but as you can see physical room is the problem. I've been discussing a SEPIC converter module lately here: XL6009 CC/CV SEPIC module (A.K.A. LM2577 CC/CV boost buck converter)

I want to use the original S2+ driwers in some 3LED cheap bike lamp. (New firmware drivers are on the way)
The question is: Will the driver fry if I accidentally don’t solder the led properly to its output? The original driver did fry :person_facepalming:
(At least id does not work anymore withoug any visible damage. Yes, I know that those 3 led wonders connect the leds in serial, so I will have some work with that too)

I’ve PMed you an answer because i’m not comfortable promoting other companies products in a Convoy thread :slight_smile:

[quote=Simon Mao]
2019/4/26
Before that, everyone felt that the adjustment of the ramping driver was too much trouble. Now I provide a simple mode 0.1–3–30–100,max current output is 5000mA.This mode can meet most people’s needs and is easy to operate. ,
Its biggest advantage is that no frequency can be seen in any mode, and there is temperature management.
It can control the flashlight temperature not to exceed 55 degrees Celsius,
If the flashlight temperature is below 55 degrees Celsius, it will output full current. If it is above 55 degrees Celsius, it will constantly adjust the current so that the flashlight will not overheat.

I plan to install this driver and SST40 LED into the S2+ host, which has brightness of 1800LM, which meets some people’s needs for small and bright flashlights.
[/quoteA

Nice. Simple is good. Will ramping still be available? A lot of us like ramping. Not too much trouble, just the chart was confusing.

For a mechanical clicky, a simple UI like “Bistro” would be nice. Even if you can’t put all Bistro’s options, would it be possible to have a short press to go up in modes output and a medium press to go down ?

Hello Simon, is the S21A (21700) going to have the sst40 and this driver too? The C8+ sst40 is impressive. It would be great to have it as an option.

Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of driver is this? Buck, Boost or Linear?

Looks like a linear driver with a FET.

It’s a linear FET driver.

I’d love one with a White Flat 1 inside of an Emisar D1S.

How this new 5A driver is different than previous 8A? Is hardware modified or only firmware? What is MCU?

SST40 with 1800 lumens in an S2+. Ooft. Nice.

Not so recently I noticed the switch retaining ring in a Sofirn C8S host to be reverse threaded. I also noticed this in a recently acquired S2+ host: tailcap switch retaining ring reverse threaded.

Sat, 04/27/2019 - 03:55

on sale tomorrow :slight_smile:

yes, keep current constant when voltage drops

i didnt produce 3A version ,sorry ,

20mm driver with 5A current is in production now ,it needs 10-15days.

S2+21700 will be available soon,maybe 3days
C8+ 21700 (M21A) in stock now ,i will add it in my store ASAP

22mm 5A driver in production now
i’m ready to install CSLNM1.TG in L2 21700 (L21A)