【convoy】XHP70.3 HI R9050 6500K available

Very interested! Will this have biscotti clone UI?

Simon, out of interest, have you looked at LUXEON V emitters? They’re a bit old now and have a custom footprint (4040), similar power to SST-40 but produce a nicer beam IMO. Could be a nice alternative?

uh ,yes,i sent one new flashlight to you ,
if there is any problem with the new ,pls leave me message on aliexpress or here

The new driver has the same size as the original driver and it can be replaced perfectly.

brass pill inside,
brass retaining ring to lock the driver
glass lens ,I am not sure about using ar-coated lens currently (Of course, ar-coated lens will increase some costs)。
head 52.1mm
body 28mm
lens diameter 36.3mm (Edge dimensions are not included)
lens height 16.4mm

i’m ready to use crescendo-copy ,
i have tried LUXEON V sample before
The main reason is that the 3535 copper substrate is more common. If I want to use the 4040 substrate, I may have to reopen the mold, which requires a little cost (although not a lot), and the other is that the lumen value is a little lower.

It sounds quite perfect to me :+1:

Just one wish would be a 15mm diameter version of this driver (several AA flashlights that I would like to use a biscotti driver with have a 15mm driver), but since there is no Convoy flashlight that uses 15mm I understand that making it is not really interesting for you.

Thank you Mr. Simon, everything is perfect, do not worry, I use it with pleasure.

Sorting out the wavien light recycling collar thing is a matter of sorting out the low vibrational state of things concerning patents and intellectual property. Wavien just played the role of another opportunist seizing some idea.

I see 0 problems with this, all it takes is to sell a zoom flashlight with enough space to install a collar inside. You could in fact design it with some collar size in mind (enough and flat space around the emitter). Proper collars could then be purchased somewhere else.

A light recycling collar is an hemispherical reflector, upside down, with a given diameter hole opening which determines the aperture of the light cone coming out. For a 60° light cone the hole opening diameter is equal to the collar's radius.

The emitter looks slightly depressed in relationship with the retaining ring, perfectly flat is better. Allowing the emitter to sit just below the lens allows the widest flood.

I like the idea but the lens is small, in my opinion. The diameter of the lens is key for great performance. I would go with a bigger head, also maximizing the lens diameter to head diameter ratio.

Nice to see anyway.

I like the 36mm effective diameter that the lens has now, a bit wider than the classic Uniquefire UFT20 that I like too. It looks like the small collar as sold by Marinebeam will mod well into this design. I have used up mine already on a Cometa, but maybe one day Marinebeam will sell another batch ?

Will there be LED choices for the upcoming Convoy zoomable flashlight? (eg. maybe SST40? XPL-Hi? XHP50.2-3v?) and also in various tints (cool/neutral/warm tint)?

The way its designed as described by Simon is it can use the same 22mm driver and 20mm mcpcb, so it’s really moddable. Pretty much any emitter or driver (17mm, 20mm) will fit since you can get an adapter ring. Good zoomie hosts are pretty sparse these days and getting more so.

Currently I only have the 17mm version. If I have a flashlight host that matches the 15mm version, I will consider producing the 15mm version.

In theory, they can all be installed, but I do not recommend XHP50.2, which has uneven light spots, a blue center and yellow-green edges.

definitely interest Crescendo UI

will looking to get a bunch of drivers for upgrade :slight_smile:

I have one in my UT20 and it has a strange beam, with the cross showing the 4 dies and there is a corona. It makes so much light though I forget about itd, and less heat than a sst40 at the same drive current.

I really don't care about strange beams, batsignals and the like. I'm very serious. :-D

Make sure you don’t violate Microsoft patents :wink:

LOL

it’s call Beamdow

I think you mean Beamdows, which or course remembers me of

http://geektheplanet.net/4204/michaelsoft-binbows.xhtml

:-D

Simon, a quick question if you’re allowed to answer - if an order goes missing and you can prove you’ve posted it, when it gets to the time where a buyer can lodge a dispute, does that take money from you, or does AliExpress cover it? Apparently on the 25th I can apply for a refund, but my order will close on the 26th.

(So there’s a 1 day window from when your order “should have arrived” to when you can no longer lodge a dispute; nice.)