Copper? C8 pills for $4.30

I got shipping at $23.29 for just the J20 (no tracking, no insurance, cheapest option).

This is the pic as in the description

Here are some shots of the one I got. :slight_smile:

What it really looks like in comparison. :frowning:

Strangely enough the cooler the light, the more brassy it looks. The shots that look like copper were illuminated with Nichia 119’s

The more I look at that picture in the description though, the more I am convinced it really is Copper!
I do believe that was displayed to deceive. |(

Question? Does it fit a Convoy C8?

Im guessing monitor settings are at play here too, because like others, the pictures in the description look like brass to me too. Far too yellow to be copper.

I agree. Every single picture looks like brass. The only pictures in this thread which looked like copper were the ones Jerommel and I posted for comparison. :frowning:

… except the second to last one in dchomak’s post, where the light is so cold it looks (almost) like aluminum.

Sorry, I don’t have a Convoy. It is smaller than the old C8 that takes the 20mm star. This one uses a 16mm. I have a couple of the newer “long” C8 and the pill is a little smaller than that, but it may screw in, I have to check. It is an exact fit for this C8 though.

Mine hasn't showed up yet. I am 99.9% sure it won't fit a Convoy C8 -- the Convoy C8 is non-standard threading. When mine comes, I'll check for you though...

I got mine today and they definitely looks like brass or bronze anyway. I sell plumbing supplies for a living and handle both copper and brass every day. This is actually slightly more yellowish than the brass fittings I sell and shinier but is a long way from copper. Here is a pic of one of mine.

The pic looks more pinkish than it does in real life.

Oh well… there goes my $8 :weary:

Has anyone ask Simon to see if he is able to get his supplier to come out with Convoy C8 Copper pill before?

Google Translate gives:

Simplified Chinese:

copper 铜 Tóng

brass 黄铜 huáng tóng

pure copper metal 纯铜金属 Chún tóng jīnshǔ

Can any of the Chinese sellers give us any better information to identify metal used?

you forgot 青铜 (bronze) :smiley:

Brass is comparable with aluminium thermal conductivity.
I don’t have exact numbers, but it’s not as bad as you think.

Guys if you have had many brass piece, bronze pieces and copper pieces you cannot be so confused about weather that pill is copper or not (check under natural daylight) . And just because is brass does not mean it is bad, it is actually a very good material compared to many other (please do not reply with links showing thermal conductivity ratings, they are almost irrelevant)

Why would thermal conductivity measurements of metals / alloys be irrelevant?

Almost irrelevant I said, too many threads about the subject already, copper pill is not going to make any relevant difference.

Hmm…
But if you plan on putting an MT-G2 at 6 Amperes in a C8, or something similarly ridiculously awesome…? :stuck_out_tongue:

You would have to find a boost driver to step up a single cell’s voltage. If it exists, I’d like very much to get one. :slight_smile:

Get in line :smiley:

Depends.
You could put two 16340 or 18340 in series, or try an extension tube or 2 :smiley:

Point is, i think i would prefer a copper pill and good heat paths from there to the rest of the flashlight in an extremely powerful flashlight.
You can sink the heat in a solid copper pill, but eventually heat dispersion is (more?) important.