Copper S2+ limited edition

If you want CRI you should definitely take the SST20 4000K, they are 95 CRI minimum and they have better throw than XP-L HI.

Best driver is 7135*8 with biscotti.

About the reflector the OP light will be smoother and more pleasing while loosing a little throw.

Is the finish raw or clear ano?

Batch 1 was clear coat… Wears well

So was batch 2 - and I had to have one of each of the new ones to complete the set :person_facepalming:

Huge thanks to the people who pointed out the name change. I was going to order until I noticed that. Y’all saved me!

I still think that the original cu version is the best looking and best at being an S2+, in my opinion both design changes were not necessary and this last one is just stupid, even tho it might look great if polished to mirror like finish.

It just wouldn’t be a limited edition if they released the same version again. :wink:

Its a regular brass pill inside? They sell a copper pill separately.

Name change killed it for me too.

I agree, the new design looks bleh… first design was best why change to worse ? :frowning: and whats with the name? like a total different light and model now sadly.

agreed. should’ve of kept with original Cu.

I was going to buy one until I saw the name change, not only does it sound weird it doesn’t look right. Completely unnecessary what a shame.

The original design was difficult to machine in copper with decent quality control, so Simon changed the design for better manufacturability.

I’m not keen on the new name either, I like the original Convoy name.

I had to order a smooth one. I love copper lights and was waiting for this…was a little disappointed when I saw the knurled one.

But the more I look at it…….

Where is it?

BobbyMK please use the (OPTIONAL) Relative Width (%) modifier when inserting images. Failure to do so means you break the page layout for small resolution screen devices. Please edit your previous post and replace

!https://i.imgur.com/uCAv67a.jpg!

with

!{width:70%}https://i.imgur.com/uCAv67a.jpg!

to limit the image width to 70% of maximum relative width (change the percentage to whatever you wish, but with a 100% maximum please).

Thanks.

no longer avaliable

(I may have gotten the last one)

Well for all the Nay-Sayers —Looks like you don’t have to worry about the Smooth version (all gone) and I’d imagine in a day or 2 the knurled will be to
Lots of undesirable flashlights out there —I just don’t buy them—JMTS

It’s great that Simon continues to offer the copper version of the S2+, and this time with 2 different versions. As tempting as it is once again, I still have a hard time justifying the extra weight of the copper vs aluminum and 3 times the cost. But it’s still a pretty cool host/flashlight! And personally I like the rubber boot for a lighted tailcap.

I also am not sure about the new “LITNIT” branding, but I guess that’s up to Simon, and perhaps we’ll see it more.

The “checkered texture” version is still available, darn it! Must resist, must resist.

Litnit is just plain silly haha. I asked him why, he just said it’s another one of his registered brands in the states

They most likely clone their own products for some reason or another