Copper X6 heatsinks(CLOSED ORDER PAGE IS UP)

I think I read somewhere that someone contacted the seller and had them reflow some LED’s onto that board for a fee, but I can’t remember where I read that. You can try contacting Hank at intl-outdoor, or I’m sure Richard at mtn electronics would do it too

Any 20mm boards will work for the quad and the 32mm Noctigon XP32 will work on the triple

Hank if u need the LED's reflowed i can do it for a small fee ? just let me no the led and ill mail it out with your order ?

The 20mm mcpcb’s will work in the quad, but are the 20mm triple optics the same height and diameter as the quad’s are?

edit: The quad optics are 24mm at the top, and these triple optics are only 20mm, so you would have to add a spacer or something to get that to work (not sure why anyone would want to do that anyway)

yes i think u will need to make a spacer to make a 20mm optic work because the heatsink was designed for a 24mm optic

but if u want to use a 20mm optic u can use a washer(24mm) and just drill the inside hole out to 20mm ??

If the 20mm triple optics are the same height as the 24mm quad optics then either one should work since the mcpcb will center both.

correct my post above is to make it secure inside by using the washer BUT the glass lens should put pressure on it to hold into place

That was me, i asked Hank to reflow 3 XP-L V6 3D in the right set up for the triple optics build on the xp 32 noctigon, and he was very nice to do it for free.

Thanks Hank :slight_smile:

How much the cost if i want you to reflow it nitro?

just send me the LED's & board or the cost of having them ordered by me and sent to me and ill do it for nothing :)

put it on my tab :wink:

I actually had an XP-L not make contact in a reflow to a 20mm Noctigon yesterday. Put the light together (X6) and it wouldn’t work. I’ve re-flowed hundreds now and that hasn’t happened in forever!

Got in a hurry and didn’t let the plate heat up good. The smaller emitters don’t weigh enough to seat em down onto the star when the solder doesn’t flow quickly. And I’ve found that pushing them down can get them off center and cause a short between the thermal pad and connection with overflow under the emitter.

Just goes to show, with this game…it’s always something!

Could you put me down for 2 copper triple kits.

I always give my emitters a light tap on the dome when I see the solder liquify under them (when the emitter self aligns to the pads) to make sure they are seated and it squishes out any extra solder that might be underneath…but your mileage may vary

Is the copper heatsink still available?

Yes right here.

ok, thank you. Got it. So many BLF/X6-related threads out there.

Hi, would this be likely to run again? I'd be keen to pick up a copper triple spacer for the X6.

Thanks mate - saw the link to your thread there (https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/38581)

I'll peruse it after work today, and pop in an order.