Courui Red PT54 Mod-LD-M2

yes its always hard to make a exact comparison as everyone perceives light differently, but it sure does have enough throw for hunting which is good enough for me. that’s what i set out to achieve and it does it with ease. ill try and take some longer beam shots when i get a chance and post them up,

And by watching your solder joints I surely see you are not beginner in this hobby… Yes maybe only new to flashlight modding but I see experience here :slight_smile:

yeah i do *a lot *of soldering at work, some days i solder all day so you could say ive got enough experience.

+ you have lathe… Modding is child play to you :wink:

Please try to modd high quality zoomie(start with 50mm ones). Small light configuration with massive throw and flood…

yeah this hobby kinda fell into my life as i am a qualified aircraft machinist, (have since quit that occupation) and am now working in the electronics field with LEDs all day making traffic signals and signage so i enjoy modding flashlights. i was just having a look at the Brinyte B158 as a new contender for the PT54 led mod, just not sure about it yet tho, i think is a good host but ill have to be convinced :-P. At least this way it can be weapon mounted, im just not sure if ill have enough run time from it with one cell. These emitters draw high current!!

You have UF 1508 version with 2x18650 flashlight tube (lego flashlight with swap able heads) so you could start with them. Ultimate aspherical flashlight set / Uniquefire 1508 post 43

B158 is 100% checked and with most consistent quality but it is 1x18650 host.

I saw guys that are modding 2x18650 series tube into parallel connection. They make parallel cradle that fits inside it.

Yeah ive seen the UF 1508, its also got my attention, the parallel cradle looks interesting, ill have to look into that.

Heck I just use direct drive with 4/3AF and D NiMH cells, the runtime quite awhile at stable voltages and amp draw. Have used Lifepo4 on a single cell light. Runtime is about 6-8 minutes but being weapon mounted time is not an issue as it’s a secondary light. Biggest down fall of the PT series is heat in a small host. Using three 4/3AF cells was pulling about 12A. Two D or one Lifepo4 was about 8A. When I was looking at Lifepo4 cells I selected one in the middle of Tenergys three choices back then. Think I used 22ga wire with a fet switch.

TR1200 PT54 red aspheric running three 4/3AF cells with fet tape switch rifle mounted 308, Leupold MK4, Geissele HS-NM . Note DE50 on ice chest.