CQG S3 1/2AAA (AAAAA) EDC; CQG S2 EDC ; CQG S1 EDC

on sale on fancyflashlight ?

S3 is interesting to me as I prefer clickies and I would not mind having to charge more frequently for a regularly used light. I have seen AAAA before but not 1/2 AAA.

Dimensions-wise, 63mm is still longer than my Preon P0 (twisty so no need to accomodate a clicky switch).

S1 and S2 look really big beside it! :open_mouth:

confused here. on the (5) AAA light, the battery is included, is the charger also included? I’ve never heard of that battery before. I would like a tiny light like that. I have his older (1) AAA light, it is a beauty.

Why is the CQG AAA longer than the DQG AA??

Saypat, the S3 includes a spacer so you can charge the 1/2 AAA cell in a normal AAA bay:

Incidentally, I did not know there were so many sub-AAA variants (1/2, 1/3, 2/3).

Tail switch and reflector, the DQG AA uses TIR optics and twist on/off.

It has no memory… Start on High

Ric

I love my S1 and these look really good.

Do you have a clip for S2 to make it look like a pen light?

Are you able to provide also NW variants of these?

thanks Chloe for the info on charging. Now please enlighten me on what u call these variants 1/2, 1/3, 2/3. Geekish to me!

thanks Chloe, I’m learning.

patrick

Looks really nice! :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you plan to make a 2x or 3x AA version of the CQG SS series.

As far as I know they’re simply 1/2 AAA, 1/3 AAA, 2/3 AAA according to their size (there are also sub-variants of A and C too) and come with solder tags. (I sent you a PM too).

http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=714

Yes , available now

VIP has discount price

Thanks
RIC

I really like the idea of a clip for the 2xAA. I would consider getting one if it could be had with a NW emitter and a clip. Would make a beautiful penlight or light for my sweetie's purse. I like my original CQG AAA. With the 2nd generation Cree's they look even nicer!

Unfortunately the DQG AAA is almost 1mm thicker than the CQG AAA and I’m not sure I’d feel safe with it. If you had a CQG S1 and could verify it’d be a different story. The DQG may be the shortest AAA light but the CQG S1 is the thinnest.

and also very slippery :wink: the clip would probably just slide from it

Let me think.. Who would have CQG S1 and the clip.. Oh!!

Seems to fit, like a glove. Doesn't slip, at least not easily. :)

See what you did JM, again! Now I have to buy one. And if Ric will make it as NW, I'll take a few more!

anudder pic

it’s a great little light. I think it was $15, something like that, and Ric threw the claw in for a buck! It’s a bit hard for me to work the clickie switch on it as it is quite recessed. Does the giant claw makes sense on this small light? Probably not :frowning:

CQG S2 2xAAA NW GB? Anyone?

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/21013

1/2 AAA XPG2 Version in stock now

CQG S3 AAAAA Smallest CREE XP-G2 R5 LED EDC Flashlight
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1979

Ric

Ric, do you know if these can take being powered with 3.7V li-ion cell instead?