Craftsmanship: Budget Build Quality (BBQ)

+1

Aurora SH-034. Very nicely put together.

@Hikelite: Thanks for the detailed explanation on how these confusing similar models end up all over the interwebs....

@visigoth: I'm not in the market for a C8*, having just sold 2 of my 3, but if I was, the Xintd C8 would be the one I'd buy. I have read that quality is very good and it looks smashing in gray/gun metal. Price is also reasonable for a quality light, in fact very close to similar models at Manafont. Bonus is getting to pick mode choice and tint, which just doesn't happen with most budget buy sites.

*Actually, I have some funds to spend and really haven't made up my mind yet. Started off I was going to get an AAA EDC light, now in addition I'm going to get something else and I can't make up my mind between this C8 and a blingy Stainless Steel 1xAA light. And if I only bought flashlights because I needed them, my collection would probably be 3 instead of 12.

@Hikelite: You're right -- the shipping eats up the cost difference on the JM07: but that's just for the black version. The stone white is still ten dollars more at Intl-Outdoors. (I'm in fact mostly interested in gunmetal, but that seems to have disappeared.) Thanks for all the info!

Another beast I'm looking at, as it's said to be the same quality as the original Solarforce stainless steel L2, is this stainless P60 host at manafont (Ultrafire 503-B):

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-wf503b-stainless-steel-flashlight-tube-no-led-emitter-p-7588

Anyone seen it in the flesh?

I have one. It is very heavy - 320 grammes with a single-mode R2 dropin and an 18650. It tailstands - it is actually a 504B body, not a 503.

Finish is very good - the threads were dry. No evidence of machining residues.

But it really isn't practical - I'd not feed it an XM-L on the grounds of heat dissipation which is why it has an XR-E R2 in it.

Is the quality in fact up there with Solarforce? I might get one just to have a stainless steel light. Might go nicely with a warm SF drop-in:

It is. But don't feed it an XM-L.